It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF confirms preparations for a possible invasion of Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Israel sees Gaza push despite Egypt crisis

Israel's top general has warned that the military will have to invade the Palestinian enclave again if militants keep firing rockets into the Jewish state.

If a new offensive against the coastal territory is launched, military officers say it will likely be more destructive than Israel's widely condemned 22-day invasion in December 2008.

IDF confirms preparations for extensive future Gaza military action

Border heats up as IDF prepares for possible incursion into Gaza Strip; four rockets fired Wednesday from Gaza into Israel.

The rocket fire comes as the Israel Defense Forces' Gaza Division is preparing for a possible large-scale incursion into the Gaza Strip, now three years after Operation Cast Lead. "We are preparing and in fact are ready for another campaign, which will be varied and different, to renew our deterrence, if we are called on to restore full quiet to the communities [in the south]," said the head of the division's Southern Brigade, Brig. Gen. Tal Hermoni.

IMO they will do this in preparation for an attack on Iran. If they can invade Gaza on the pretext of the rockets, they can kill a whole bunch of militants so that they won't be a problem when Iran is attacked.

So instead of a possible 4 fronts war (Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran), it'll be a 3 fronts war... or maybe even a two front war if Assad falls, or maybe a one front war if Hezbollah decides it's better for their survival to keep quiet, or maybe a no front war if Iran's missiles are taken out before they are launched. (because let's face it, Iran's missiles are a joke.)

Of course this would make sure Egypt elects extremist groups into power and could set up the stage for a future Egypt-Israel war.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That is a good point to take them out before iran, however there will still be war from all sides of Israel when it all goes down. Plus a war with iran will be a war with nukes and it will put the fear of god in these other countries that still want a piece of Israel.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Sadly, an invasion does seem inevitable, and the Israeli government is probably licking their chops right about now. It doesn't matter if Israel fires 50 rockets into Gaza, as long as 1 gets fired back they are going to start their whining and complaining...

I love the Jewish people, but I am not afraid to say that the government of Israel is absolutely insane, and warmongers just like the US, who have imperialistic dreams.

Israel wants to make it seem as if they are the victims, but if you take the time to look at the maps of the region over the last century, you can see without a doubt who the true aggressors are. Because of this, I do not see how any invasion of Gaza could be viewed by anyone as necessary, or a defensive action. The simple truth is that they are the aggressors, and it will become blatantly obvious if they invade.

With the blockades and other military actions being undertaken, it is clearly offensive in nature. Claiming otherwise shows that it is propaganda. Israel has repeatedly refused any reasonable peace offers, which is just another item on a long list of abuses against their "enemies." I wish the US would wake up and see that they have crawled into bed with a very dangerous and manipulative government.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's getting to the point that we won't hear the ringing in of the New Year this time around for the deafening beat of the war drums. Does the world really need this war this badly?? Both sides over there...really, BOTH of them...just take a break and chill out before BOTH sides wind up destroyed in the maelstrom they bring into existence with this.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Again, more problems brewing in the ME. I hope that Israel does not invade Gaza, it will only end badly. We are living in uncertain times, with all the ME and Iran talk

top topics

join