It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Commander Signs Order To Review Communications Between Lawyers, Prisoners Charged In 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Guantanamo Commander Signs Order To Review Communications Between Lawyers, Prisoners Charged In 9/11 Attacks
Dec 28, 1:38 PM EST

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) -- A spokeswoman for the Guantanamo Bay prison says the commander has signed a disputed order requiring officials to review communications between lawyers and prisoners charged with organizing the Sept. 11 attacks.
Navy Cmdr. Tamsen Reese says the commander considered the concerns of defense lawyers and made some modifications. But Reese said Wednesday that Navy Rear Adm. David Woods kept a provision requiring that legal mail be screened by a security review team.
Deputy Chief Defense Counsel Bryan Broyles said lawyers still believe the order violates attorney-client privilege. Broyles says lawyers will ask a judge to reject the order when one is assigned to the case. Five prisoners are expected to be arraigned at the U.S. base in Cuba in 2012.
www.google.com...

This will trickle down to We The People. All of this stuff does, doesn't it?

Additional links:

Guantanamo Bay Commander Signs Disputed Order Regarding 9/11 Prisoners
uk.ibtimes.com...

APNewsBreak: Disputed Order Signed at Guantanamo
hosted.ap.org...
edit on 12/28/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: bad link

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Take #1
"Attorney client privilege?! You can't handle Attorney client privilege!!"

Take #2
"I sleep 500 yards from 6000 scapegoats just dyin' to kill me, son."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm just in a state of shock they have ever had privacy to begin with. This isn't a punk in a police interrogation room scrambling for legal strategy. These are battlefield combatants and terrorists who would, by their own words, kill every last one of us in the most creative ways they can come up with, if give half a chance. That isn't all of them...but covers enough of them.

I'm all for whatever they say being kept out of legal proceedings in ANY form...including as leads to investigate other aspects of the legal case against them...but if one of these turkeys gets the right ideas...conveys that out to the right people..it isn't a mistrial, it's MANY dead American troops in various states of horror scattered all over that compound.

Don't just listen... Record.. Analyse and examine in detail. They shouldn't be able to clear their throats without someone, at some point, asking themselves why? Just keep the base security side from the Court side and all is perfectly good to my thinking.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just in a state of shock they have ever had privacy to begin with. This isn't a punk in a police interrogation room scrambling for legal strategy. These are battlefield combatants and terrorists who would, by their own words, kill every last one of us in the most creative ways they can come up with, if give half a chance. That isn't all of them...but covers enough of them.

"That isn't all of them...but covers enough of them."

That's why there's due process. Or at least that's why there used to be due process. So those locked up down there who've done nothing (except get tortured) don't matter. Is that it?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ecce momenta
Illa mirabilia
Quae captabit
In aeternum
Memor
Modo dolores
Sunt in dies
Non est reliquum
Vero tantum
Comminicamus
Perdita
Tous ces moments
Perdus dans l`enchantement
Qui ne reviendront
Jamais
Pas d'aujourd'hui pour nous
Pour nous il n'y a rien
A partager
Sauf le passe

Here are all those wonderful moments
that he who remembers tries to catch for all eternity.
Today only sorrow,
nothing really is there for us.
We just share the lost things of the past

- Roxy Music

The innocent people down there will never get those lost moments back.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

"That isn't all of them...but covers enough of them."

That's why there's due process. Or at least that's why there used to be due process. So those locked up down there who've done nothing (except get tortured) don't matter. Is that it?

You're absolutely right. That is why there is due process. That due process is why I emphasize the fact that base security and the larger picture of the threat these men could STILL pose is something 100% removed and separate from the trial proceedings in the Military Tribunal system. ....and never the two shall meet. They don't have to.

No one can honestly tell me ANY privacy or "rights" to it were granted for the Nuremberg or Pacific War Crime trials after World War II. Many men were found guilty at low levels and all but set free. Those we far from kangaroo courts to just kill everyone and only the HIGH profile ones are even remembered at all. Due process worked then and it can work now...without treating them like nickle/dime criminals who did nothing but knock over the local 7-11.

top topics

join