It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible explanation for birds in the theory of evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i am by no means an expert but i know a thing or two
now my theory is that birds wings started of as either self defence e.g spikes (feathers maybe for threatening plumage or maybe no feathers to start with)
or they started off as a display for mating
but however they started they then started to assist in running (flapping wings to propel them along the ground)
and eventually made it to wings as we know them today so i what do you all think
(please dont say that god made them please)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
A birds wings have evolved from arms.
Just like a bats wing only a different compisition
You can see it in this fossil, notice also the tail bones
and early feathers

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
As the above poster pointed out, there's no need for an explanation. The evolution of birds, and wings, are understood well enough as is.

Google shall be your friend. Can verify, or denounce any ideas you come across. Or maybe reinforce new ideas you've had into developing into good theories.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo
now my theory is that birds wings started of as either self defence e.g spikes (feathers maybe for threatening plumage or maybe no feathers to start with)
but however they started they then started to assist in running (flapping wings to propel them along the ground)
and eventually made it to wings as we know them today so i what do you all think

I think this is just another baseless theory to prove an unfounded baseless theory - evolution theory!

From maybe to eventually - then becomes - it's a fact.

Wait you'll see what I mean.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Originally posted by tetriswoooo

I think this is just another baseless theory to prove an unfounded baseless theory - evolution theory!

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
wow im really not up to date last i heard people had no idea how birds evolved wings ( there were theories but no evidence) but i guess thats how fast things new things are found in science

Originally posted by edmc^2

i dont think that baseless is the way to describe it because we have only searched about 1% of the earth for fossils and look at all the evidence imagine what wonderful creatures we will find after 2% and 5%
open your mind and you will see the wonders of the universe

top topics

join