It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good vs Evil, or neither?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Good versus evil.

That is why we are here - to work it out.

No-one is entirely good - except Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama.

And no-one is entirely bad - except Adolf Hitler and some other serial murderers.

The rest of us have to fight it out.

Just like good and evil fight it out on this planet.

If everything was ok we would die of boredom.

So, good luck! (And it is a difficult road).

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

that is completely invented lies

good never fighted evil on the contrary good is what is always nianiania positive with everything anyways

bad is what fighted always evil and now, that is how real men are who fights with guns and kill absolutely

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nawki

We are what we believe. This is our "programming".

That may or may not open some views of how your words and viewpoints are affecting your perception.
edit on 2011/12/28 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

He said it correctly. I copied/pasted from the comment which did have it spelled incorrectly.

Thank you. This perfectly illustrates my intended point, which is that you have no familiarity with the work of Alan Watts and were merely quoting from an internet source – a YouTube video, no less – when you made your first post.

So can we stop fussing over two letters?

It is not about two letters, is it? It is about scraping literary acquaintance. And to go off and google a list of famous autodidacts is merely to repeat the offence.

Tut. Also tut. :shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

No-one is entirely good - except Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama.

The first was a receiver of stolen funds who lavished the vast donations made to her order on Catholic shrines while the poor people 'helped' by her Little Sisters of Mercy lived and died under conditions of misery and squalor. The second is an artful politician who has spent his life playing China against the West in exchange for fame, power and privilege. The reality of life in Tibet under the lamas was horrendous, by the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

In fact, I apologize for calling him educated. It was a foolish assumption on my part, because he wasn’t.

A Masters degree is considered an education where I come from.

On topic: Good defeats all evil. Then what?

edit on 29-12-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

A Masters degree is considered an education where I come from.

In theology?!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

In theology?!!

Which is highly relevant to the nature of his philosophies. To say he was uneducated was a bit of a lie, wasn't it?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

where did they defeat evil objectively, some good figures success are not evil defeat

while good defeat is obvious everywhere and from evil success

who is superior heh??

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

On what subject do you hold a masters degree?
Because you hold the belief that Alan Watts is uneducated you will never know that he was a genius.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Tut. Also tut.

Speak of the devil.

Evil doesn't even exist for starters. It's just a term we use for the absence of righteousness.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Evil doesn't even exist for starters. It's just a term we use for the absence of righteousness.

if rights are absent so what is existing? absolute evil life when existence is only and exclusively objective in absolute terms

the fact that u r evil dont make it not existing on the contrary it confirms it, how as a subject u r an object evil living, it is ur existence mister, evil
while absolute objective existence is miserable freedom rights abuse from ur existence mister evil living of oness evilness absolute powers on all existence

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Does absence of righteousness exist?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I appreciate you advertising loud and clear how you wish to be viewed.

I wish you the best in your path.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A simple analogy. God/Allah/One is a car manufacturer he builds the vehicle you use to traverse space-time and nothing more. To apply accountability for your actions is akin to holding GM or Ford responsible for all motor vehicle accidents.

What happens happens

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join