It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coma patient awakes a few hours before doctors pull the plug!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I searched all of ATS for this and it seems like nobody posted up an article so here it goes. 21 year old University of Arizona student who was in a car crash back in October lapsed into a coma and awoke from it a few hours before the doctors were going to pull a plug. I really think this is a miracle and the family of the guy must be relieved to have their son back.

washingtonexaminer.com...

This is some positive news compared to the everyday depressing things we see on television and just what is happening in the world in general.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"I see myself leaving the house, going to school, work, basic things like that," Schmid said. "I just want my life to be what it used to be."

I think I'd take the coma over school & work.

Good times....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Really a miracle . So why would something with the power to preform a miracle choose to help this this young person and not all the others that are in a coma. Was this one more special then all the others or more deserving.
Like on the news here few days ago with a murder suicide involving 5 people one girl lived after being shot 3 times was a miracle as reported. Guess god didn't see the other 3 as fit for a miracle .

It disturbs me that is the reasoning of many people then makes me laugh then makes me sick again . Still typical of people who do not understand things to claim it was the gods.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes that was a miracle, and it was a great thing to read, thanks OP.

Now I would like to define a miracle for the benefit of some members here.

1: an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

2: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment

3: Christian Science : a divinely natural phenomenon experienced humanly as the fulfillment of spiritual law

Link

So the miracle does not have to be divine or Gods work, it can be work of nature as well, or just something not understood.

Now for those of you saying that it was not a miracle, that would mean it is fully explainable and known at the time it happened. (the doctors knew or should have known that he would recover) Now if that is the case, please explain why the doctors wanted to pull the plug?
Did they want to kill him? was it a conspiracy? Or were they simply incompetent? should their licenses be revoked?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi all.

We have just seen a TV program that talked about connecting wires
on the surface of the skull for a live EEG?, to detect if a coma-person's
brain reacts to what we suggest to them.

Like:
1 = Move your right thumb,
2 = the real thumb does NOT move, BUT
3 = the circuitry in the brain, reacts as if the move was real !
4 = Sooooooooooo??? DO NOT pull the plug$ ! !
5 = So, no miracle here. Only the fact that this hospital
did not know the new way to check for an "active" brain
in a coma-person, that can "come back" sooner or later.

Blue skies.

edit on 2011/12/24 by C-JEAN because: Add detail.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

Well still 2 out of those 3 have to have to do with a divine intervention do you not understand the word divine?

Here lets start with miracle

dictionary.reference.com...

And the meaning of divine

dictionary.reference.com...

Is the pyramids a miracle , no one can really explain how they where built or by whom . Is it a miracle that our solar system doesn't get hurled into space away from the galaxy as we live on the outer edge. Was it a miracle that George bush was elected twice?

Also the context that people use the word miracle has always been that of workings of some supernatural being.
I believe the words used to describe this event as would be mystery , puzzling , coincidence , lucky ( as in probability ratio )

It is almost impossible to determine how long some one will be in a coma for most wake up some don't . Some might of suffered extreme brain damage. Some who have been hospitalized for extremely long periods of do get bed sores and there have been numerous doctors who have quit over this having to cut out time and time again .

www.cbc.ca...

Is it a Miracle of science to keep these people barely alive to suffer? Like Terri Schiavo
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join