It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is Ron Paul Supposed To Turn Things Around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
With Ron Paul-mania unfolding in front of our eyes, let's assume this man is indeed honest. Can he really turn all the mess around? Let's not entertain more esoteric notions here, such as aliens, new world order, etc... but even without those, what can this man really do that Obama didn't promise? Perhaps it's time to look at ourselves, because even if Da Vinci was the president, he wouldn't have been able to help everyone. People will show their true colors AFTER they are in (supposed) power. Just consider it for a moment, instead of going crazy with bumper stickers

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Well, seeing as he has been representing his district for some 30 years now and seeing as they kept re-electing him, it seems to me that he must have been keeping most of his promises all this time. He hasn't flip-flopped the entire time, and that's impressive. I don't think any of us are delusional enough to believe that he'll be able to deliver on everything he's ever promised once he becomes president. After all, he'll have to convince Congress to go with him on things. I think he will genuinely TRY to do everything he is promising, and that's good enough for me. That's more than some presidents have done once they got into office.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
With Ron Paul-mania unfolding in front of our eyes, let's assume this man is indeed honest. Can he really turn all the mess around? Let's not entertain more esoteric notions here, such as aliens, new world order, etc... but even without those, what can this man really do that Obama didn't promise? Perhaps it's time to look at ourselves, because even if Da Vinci was the president, he wouldn't have been able to help everyone. People will show their true colors AFTER they are in (supposed) power. Just consider it for a moment, instead of going crazy with bumper stickers
First and foremost he can gut the power of the fed by executive order. He does not need congress at all. TPTB know this and that is why they assassinated JFK. He can end all the wars immediately as Commander in Chief. He can close all foreign bases by ordering all troops home. He can refuse to send money to foreign nations, effectively ending foreign aid. There any number of things he can do on day one if we allow him the opportunity to do so.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He can't immediately affect taxes and there are several areas he can't change without Congress.
However, he does have complete control over some areas and can change them without Congressional approval. He can bring home troops en masse without Congressional approval. His influence over all foreign policy is not absolute, but the executive branch has the most influence in that area. He can eliminate any cabinet department he chooses to. In doing so, he can take the teeth out of DHS through appointments and can more easily work to restructure and/or eliminate it. He can't singlehandedly repeal the Federal Reserve Act, but he can exert influence over the Treasury Dept and can more effectively make appointments that suit the purpose of starving the Federal Reserve system.

Obama promised more government under the banner of being a "benevolent" slavemaster. I distinctly remember him saying that government can be a force for good. In other words, his promises were the opposite of Paul's and , unfortunately, except for the "benevolent" part, he has followed through with predictable results.
edit on 24-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Da Vinci loved war so Im pretty certain he wouldnt help as president lol.

As for Paul, well I do not think he can make the positives changes people expect of him, there is only so much you can do to a broken system. In my opinion people should stop relying of government and start being a community, support each other and let the government destroy itself. Bailouts and trying to fix the corruption just delays the inevitable. If Paul did rise to power the people in charge would let him down and Paul will take the blame.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

He can also end the war on drugs, pardon all the people sitting for minor offences so they stop eating taxpayer money in prison, even if they are on welfare it is alot cheaper than keeping them in prison you know. But chances are, the economy would pretty much fix itself with the removal of all the unnecessary legislation complicating things, and opening up business such as hemp-stores, selling products made from hemp which can be pretty much everything from oil and clothes to paper, lip-balm and even cerials. Oh, people would pretty much be cancerless as well, since there would be an easy cure available for most cancers.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No, he cannot. No one individual can.

The only way to clean up the mess that is our political system is to have a LOT of people in political power who are good and honest and who WANT to clean up the system.

Paul's, and a lot of the recent slew of libertarian-styled conservatives, vision of cleaning up the system is to tear it apart;to destroy the EPA, the department of Education, and so many other agencies...."smaller government" is not clean government, it's just fewer people for the corporate lobbyists to pay off and a consolidation of power.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

He could start by releasing electrogravitics from black ops...

That would give Us free energy and remove the need to account for meaningful energy expended (i.e., money which accounts for meaningful energy expended in an energy-scarce society).

For more, see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/24/2011 by Amaterasu because: stupid malfunctioning spacebar

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Such an act would be bad for the business world/capitalists, therefore it would be the last thing he would do.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Since he's 78 and statisticaly likely to die of old age before his first term is up a better question is how would his VP change things.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I heard him say at a debate that he would never use an executive order. I think he would end the feds monopoly on currency by allowing competing currencies instead.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatr137
reply to post by Amaterasu

Such an act would be bad for the business world/capitalists, therefore it would be the last thing he would do.

Define "bad for the business world/capitalists..." It would free Humanity from poverty and profit motive. It would wrest power from the elite slavemasters, yes. But it surely would not be "bad" for 99.9% of Us on this planet.
edit on 12/24/2011 by Amaterasu because: stupid malfunctioning spacebar

top topics

join