It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 Year Old Vegan Shows Little To No Signs Of Aging.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Mimi Kirk recently won PETA's award for Sexiest Vegan over 50 years old and she is 72 years young ! In this 2 part interview we discuss how to have health, mobility, happiness, sexy-ness and vitality into a ripe old age. Music on this video provided courtesy of Sheena Grobb ( www.sheenagrobb.com).

While I might not go into her being sexy and all but she definitely looks good for her age. I recently watched Forks over Knives, where they based nutrition on a plant based diet and showed all the healthy aspects to it where in some cases it not only reversed degeneration but started re-generation.

I just thought I would share with all of you who the "sexiest" over 50 vegan is.

And to also see if there are people who still think that we need meat in our diet. To want it is one thing but to actually need it is a different story, just wanted to being up the topic if people believe that Vegans are actually healthier than meat eaters...

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 23-12-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Wow she looks great!!

I have read a lot about vegans and how they stay young so to speak.

I have a friend who is vegan and has been for her entire adult life, 16yrs. She has the most beautiful skin, hair and everything. She doesn't have a single line or wrinkle.

IDK I love chicken too much don't think I could go vegan although some of the recipes aren't bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is an interesting video.

The people from Tarahumara tribe from Mexico's Copper Canyon have a small meat diet (very small to none) and according to the author from Born to Run (Christopher McDougall), they run better than most ultra runners and are healthier than most teenagers nowadays. Monks from China and Tibet -- unless this has changed recently -- have been vegetarians and I would imagine that the strain from their bodies processing the meat is absent from their daily routine. That's the two I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Now, whether it is the vegetarian diet or the lifestyle of activity that contributes to their health warrants more research on my part and I would be interested in hearing vegetarians say their piece on this. I had been a vegetarian for about three months but my body could not sustain the lifestyle without medical supplements so I had eat meat again. However, when I was a vegetarian, it was a transition from a REALLY meaty diet (because my family eats a lot of meat) to a lot of steamed vegetables and whatnot so at first, I could definitely taste the difference between the two diets. After a while, I came to prefer the latter because it did not have such a heavy toll of my stomach after eating. You feel a lot lighter, if that makes sense.

Anyways, that is my two cents on it. I would not mind going vegetarian again, but I think I love milk too much to give it up.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow she does look good for that age, but I don't buy that its all because of being a vegetarian, or vegan, not sure which. I bet it did help, but genetics definitely played a major part.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
WOW

She looks amazing (wouldn't bang it tho) would probably break her hip or something, but yeah she really does look much younger then 72, id guess she was around 50s if im going to be honest, teeth look kinda fake tho,

Hmm you know what, id actually consider being a vegan after watching this, honestly she really does look amazing,

NAHHHHHHHH stuff that, bring on the steak & wrinkles

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wow...she is 72 and looks like that. Hey, you got me convinced.

Where do I sign up. If my wife looked that good at 72, I would eat my veggies everyday.

Besides, when I wanted something else to eat besides veggies... I believe I could get a few ideas...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Actually after watching the second video, she's does actually look alot closer to her age, she just obviously looks after herself and presents herself better then most women her age, the first video is pretty poor quality, and if i'm honest that's not worth a lifetime without meat, i love meat, i'm a big fan of meat, meat is the best food in the world, just name all the good food and meat is involved, you can always have veg with meat,

Just eat good fresh meat and not the processed crap

down with this vegan deception

edit on 23-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I healed my self of diabetes type 2 (even though FDA states on their website it's an incurable disease), pancreatic pains, and higher blood pressure with raw vegan foods. Salads with delicious sprouts (buckwheat, alfa-alfa, beans and lentils) with squeezed citrus as a dressing, green juices, soaked nuts and seeds and about 30% fruit is my diet. Food is the last great addiction of humanity. Energy levels off the charts. Creativity - through the roof. Physical endurance - better than ever!

Eating food raw preserves enzymes (so your body doesn't have to produce as much of them), fiber, vitamins, micro oils, and chlorophyll which is very healing.

Liferegenerator on youtube to get started. Also this dude Lou Corona who is 60 and look like 35 year old boy. The physical things these guys can do are amazing, I'm 26 and I can't do half of Lou can do!

Raw food cleared up my foggy mind, detoxed me, normalized blood pressure and I can honestly say the living energy in it makes me more beautiful and attractive to the ladies. You smell better too, I've barely used deodorant in 2 years.

It raises your consciousness and gives you energy. LOVE IT

For B12 I take blue algae powder

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm happy for her, must be nice to feel 20, but at 57 I'm glad being sexy isn't important to me anymore.
I guess it may depend on whether or not you are looking for a sexual relationship.
edit on 12/23/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: blond

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

At first I had read it as "72 year old Virgin shows no signs of aging"

Nice post OP, Am a vegan too and I haven't seen the inside of a hospital in more than 15 years. I cant be 100% sure whether it really has do do with my diet but it has to be at least connected

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
People need to remember one thing: genetics.

My mother's side of the family are all meat eaters. We don't have any real special diets we are on but they all look about 15 years younger than what they really are. Even I get asked if I'm out of high school and I'm 28.

Just some food for thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not that I care. The irony is too rich to pass up.

So they won't eat animals but they will objectify geriatrics???

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
She looks good but my mom is older than her and has fewer wrinkles and my mother in law is close to eighty and looks just as nice, too, and that woman smoked up until about fifteen years ago, still eats meat and practically lives on a diet of chocolate. My paternal granny lived to a few weeks shy of 99 and she smoked until she was in her fifties or sixties, ate a typical American diet and drank wine until her 70's. At 99 she had legs that would put a chorus girl to shame and she looked only 70ish. She did have severe osteoporosis but that was about all she dealt with and she died from complications of pneumonia. I know a vegan who has been battling cancer for ages, and two vegetarians who look like death warmed over and they are younger than me. I think some aspects of aging gracefully is down to genetic luck, some of it is down to dedication to a healthy level of activity, and then the rest may be up to a sensible varied diet that also suits one's ethnicity.

I haven't seen it widely discussed, but as someone who is a mutt mix of many races, I've noticed people seem to do best if they stick to ancestral diets that have served their people well. My mom who has a lot of Asian pacific islander blood for example, does badly on a western diet. She will then show signs of type 2 diabetes and cholesterol problems. She does well, though, when she sticks close to the island diet of fish, veggies and rice. I on the other hand, with my European mix, can't really tolerate rice that well. I'm still struggling to work out what works best for me as an individual. My long lived grandma was German and she did really well on the American foods that were based off the popular German fare.

One thing I think we can all agree on, none of us does well on the over processed, preservative filled, chemical laden GMO infested crap. Go organic, and free range and cruelty free on meats and it will serve you well. As far as retaining a youthful appearance, it helps to limit sun exposdure and not overdo anything, even exercise.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Correction, my grandma ate the typical American diet of her generation, meat, potatoes and veg, back when meat was real meat not infested with antiobiotics and hormones, potatoes were from the farmers market, and veggies were not organic, but they were not GMO, either, unless the Amish farmers were using Monsanto seeds since the 1960's when grandma starting getting produce from them.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Just eat good fresh meat and not the processed crap

down with this vegan deception

edit on 23-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

Agreed but this Vegan Propaganda and especially from those Scumbags from Peta (really for a website that despises all organizations and especially those who do bad things and are just in it for the money, there's sure a lot of Peta love to be found :@@
will sadly never stop.

I bet you could find a million meat-eaters who also aged very good. Some people just seem to do fine. I mean, i'm 26 and a lot of people think i'm younger.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I believe the person who posted earlier about adhering to ethnic ancestral diet, is right. I see Native American people on TV sometimes, and they look overweight, puffy, unhealthy. They were definitely not like that prior to the white man conquering them. With me, I am racially split on opposite sides of the world. (A nordic and a latino). So I dont know. Should I eat potato burritos?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

top topics

join