It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serpent Mound Ohio, Winter Solstice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
mods, if this is not the appropriate forum please move and advise for me, thanks

I went to the winter solstice gathering wednesday night at Serpent Mound in Adams County , Ohio.
I saw nothing spiritual or paranormal unfortunately but it was really neat and I thought I'd share a few pics with everybody.
They light luminaries all around the serpent effigy. There were no hippies or druids like I expected, just a few indian looking people beating on drums and singing a little.

These are taken from the little observatory tower. I could not fit the whole snake in a single picture
The head of the snake is theorized to be eating an egg.

These first 2 are the head and body of the snake

this is the tail of the snake, it actually trailed over to my left

and this is just a sign. all the signs had arrows on top pointing in the appropriate direction. (there are many more signs than just solstice signs). they were all placed at the curves of the snakes body.

and here's a link for info on the serpent mound

serpent mound info

edit on 23-12-2011 by horseplay because: for the mods

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Great shots, never seen it quite like that.

Here's a daylight shot just for comparison;

Seeing it lit with those paper lanterns gives it a very ethereal look.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Nice pics. Had never seen it at night before. Makes it look "larger" I guess...lol.
Pretty cool though. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

thanks, nice daytime pic. actually it was my first time there so I really don't know what it's like in the daylight. my sis lives out there and her husband grew up there, he said as a kid that was like the hangout for the locals teens.
I'll go back soon, I want to check it out in the sunlight.
I'm pretty close to Fort Ancient too, that is a huge area that I have put many miles into through the years.
A medium once told me I used to be an Indian. that might explain my obsession with Indian sites. There are alot of them here in the ohio river area.

new topics

top topics

join