It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you respect most?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was just thinking about humanity as a whole, such vast cultures and traditions. Also many positive and negative attributes that effect both others and the entire planet. Now I would love to say I respect every human but I do not, many are greedy, ignorant, violent etc. So who is it we as humans should look up to and who do you respect with the highest regard, excluding obvious close friends and family?

For me, it would be all those indigenous tribes, people living of nature in their own little communities surviving on their skills and teachings. Many people now days think of indigenous people as savages, and movies often portray them as cannibals or psychopaths which is a shame.

Granted most of the tribes around the world have their own ways of doing things but many seem to have a few things in common which is a good show of true human nature and our connection to one another. They respect the land they live on, they don’t seem to take more than they need and have respect for nature as well as other animals.

I also believe they are very spiritually awakened, they perceive very differently to us and thought us Westerners have science, technology and maths they have something I believe to be much greater. We might of lost those ways to the point it is looked down upon but I do hope eventually people start to realise what we have forgotten before it is lost.

So who do you respect most? You might respect charity workers in a certain country? Scientists in a certain field? Just don’t be to general as I would like to know if there are any people out there you look up to.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I try to be respectful everyone the same until I have reason not to. I guess in terms of most, I respect God/Allah/Yahweh/Elohim/Jesus/Buddha the most

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don Cherry !!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Chuck Norris, but only because he wishes it to be so.

Seriously though, I would say the people I have the most respect for are Indigineous Natives who have put up with 'Civilized' people for too long. We have abused, massacred, raped and stolen from them, and instead of seeking revenge or retaliation they keep to their moral and spiritual standards and live their lives how they are meant to be lived in perfect sychronicity with Nature and the beings they share the land with.

How ashamed I am of 'Civilized' man. We are a corruption on this beautiful planet

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great question! S&F

I respect my family, wife and my boss.

Your prolly thinking "Your boss are you nuts?" But I do have a lot of respect for my boss because he took a chance on me and gave me a job in this sh!tty economy.

My wife for caring for me and again taking a chance on me.

...and of course my family because well they didn't have to take any chances they are stuck with me! HAHA!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I respect anyone who proves by their actions they deserve it. By that I mean people who help others, and treat others with respect.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Good motto to live by there. Respect for one's self and respect for others is the way people should live. I couldn't agree more with that statement.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments, thats a good point about respecting yourself. I only fail to respect a few people in this world all of which have no excuse for thier actions.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The people that I respect the most are those who share my point of view on controversial issues yet can publicly voice them and defend them calmly, articulately and with dignity. I envy them (in a good way) for being able to maintain their composure in such a way that it lends credence to causes for which adherents usually face ridicule, name-calling and other forms of public condemnation.

While I share their passion, my level of emotion usually manages to come into play in such a way as to undermine my desire to come across as a credible to those who don't share my point of view.

Respect is my way on honouring the people who possess this special quality and ability

edit on 22-12-2011 by GoneGrey because: spelling

top topics

join