It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all of ATS, would you tell your friends about ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The title speaks for itself lol! But yeah, I was just wondering if you would tell anyone who doesn't know about ATS if it risks blowing your own spot? I personally have talked to some of my friends about ATS and they think I am crazy, but in fact I feel like they are the misled ones, especially from what the MSM portrays the world to be.

Would you all risk being called nutcases especially in regards to conspiracies if you tell your family and friends about or ATS or would you just rather wait and let it happen on its own? It deeply bothers me to see people clueless and ignorant about the world around them, and sometimes I would love to tell so many people about ATS, but I know so many people in America have a lot of other things to take care of and may not even have the time to go online onto ATS.

This thread is just some food for thought. I hope all is well with everyone!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If they would stop being my friend because I visit and post on ATS, then I guess they weren't really a friend of mine to begin with. Kind of a win/win, I get to feel good about speaking my mind & being completely open & honest, and I get to weed out the nimrods at the same time.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have already told all my family and friends about ATS, some of them don't care one way or another unless something happens personally to them.

Some have visited ATS, I am not sure if they have signed up or not.

A few have asked me to keep them informed on ATS happenings as they are computer illiterate.

My relationship with my friends has not changed any by telling them about ATS, but then everyone already knew I was a nutcase.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I remember talking to my mom about all these Crazy Conspiracies, HAARP, 9/11 and how the Government is a pack of liars... ya know pretty much the works... the bread and butter of General Conspiracy theories several years ago...

I was such a lunatic then...

I just left it at that...

Now... She's quite open to much much more than ever. She let what I said soak in... Then took a look at the world and made comparisons about what I said and what the News/Government says...

She's quite open now.... Although I could never see her joining lol.

and I've told other members of my family about this site...

Oddly my family is quite in tuned with many of the topics/subjects here on ATS...
And they arent members...

It makes for some awesome conversations!

My name on here is Evol Eric...
bit of a stage name I use on Youtube and Facebook, My Blog and in my Band
Which can easily be traced back to "me"

Not hard to do... since my name really is Eric

So It doesnt matter to me if people know who I am

I've told a lot of people about ATS and will tell many more in the future...

Afterall people in the real world look at me odd anyways...

Cos after the Crazy Youtube Videos, Heavy Heavy Music, The Long Hair and Tattoos
The Conspiracy Theories are possibly expected lol!

SnF

edit on 12/22/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I tell my friends and family about ATS almost every day.

I know that I have generated interest in the site with many of my friends and hope that I have been able to get some of the people in my life that are important to me to begin denying ignorance and researching on their own in order to gain actual knowledge about what is happening in the world around them rather then what they have been spoonfed by the MSM.

In my time here, I have learned that I have a brother that is also a member and some of my friends have told me that they have started lurking in the background to learn more.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
ATS is much more than just conspiracies, so i have no problem about telling my freinds or family, that it's pretty cool in here.

I even told my psychologist about ATS, as we where talking about some pyramid stuff

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I have told a lot of friends and family members of this site. But lately, after discovering that the hole "Deny Ignorance" thing, is BS. Seing everything related to drugs, gets removed, iam not so sure, i will do that anymore. ATS has a lot of good stuff, but by censoring drugs related threads, the hole point of the site gets lost to me.

ATS is no longer the site it used to be

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I tell all my friends about ATS and I dont care what they think.

I talk about ATS at work or anywhere else, doesn't phase me. If people have a problem with my views and what I read that is their problem not mine.

I freely talk aliens

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No, not unless I want to be ridiculed evrytime we have a discussion. I mean some days you check the recent posts page and would not want people to think you are a part of something that discusses such crazy ideas. I stupidly linked an ats thread about the uk weather to my dad, next thing he is asking me questions about UFO's in China and how to use the search function.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
No, not unless I want to be ridiculed evrytime we have a discussion. I mean some days you check the recent posts page and would not want people to think you are a part of something that discusses such crazy ideas. I stupidly linked an ats thread about the uk weather to my dad, next thing he is asking me questions about UFO's in China and how to use the search function.

Haha yea I have friends who read ATS and go what the heck are you reading?! LOL

I tell them that there is more to ATS than the recent posts page

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My friends and family all know about ATS. They don't think I'm a nutbag at all. They know that I'm a very grounded person and not prone to going off on a tangent. I don't know how many may or may not have joined, but I do know that several of them lurk pretty regularly as there is something for everyone on ATS.

There are a few family members that don't get around on the old computer very well so they check in with me for regular updates on the latest topics. I myself don't log in a lot, but I check out the firehose every day. A lot of times news hits here before it hits the MSM!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I would, mainly because my friends already consider me to be "way off the deep end." It could be the rants I give them on skype about SOPA, or maybe because I went to a halloween party in a tinfoil hat one time, doesn't matter though, because i'm CRAZY.
Saying that I frequent a conspiracy website probably wouldn't be much of a surprise. I have tried to tell a few and introduce them, but they are too afraid of viruses to do anything on ATS. I'm paranoid, they're paranoid, we're all paranoid!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I do tell my "friends" about it (I have about two real friends and we share similar ideals). Most of the time they will look at me funny, but I realized they way they look at me is the same way I look at them when they tell me they have a facebook.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I always do, and when I work on a computer for a customer, I always place a bookmark for ATS, and then show them when they pick it up.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I always do, and when I work on a computer for a customer, I always place a bookmark for ATS, and then show them when they pick it up.

Man, I don't know if that is ethical.

I tell anyone about ATS. Friends, family, a guy I'm debating politics with in front of Subway. I've got an advantage though. Everyone thought I was nuts 25 years ago.
Just kidding.

I DO put forth ATS to strangers though because if they had the time to discuss what was on their minds that says, "ATS member" to me. I've been a member here going on 8 years in a couple of weeks. I'm not ashamed of that.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

i'm happy to tell people about ats, but my only issue is that certain members of my family believe i'm going crazy and that i'm paranoid, and trying to prove things to people can be difficult, they want facts but even then they aren't prepared to believe the truth/ or even look at the evidence, they would rather just call me crazy . my point is that if i pointed the people who think i'm crazy in the direction of ats it might just make my worried family members worry even more, because there are a lot of subjects on here that i personally don't believe in, but that really is just my opinion, and i wouldn't want them thinking i was into those things too.

On the other hand i've been talking to a few people at work and it turned out a couple of them already knew some of the stuff i was finding out, but they just hadn't seen the whole picture and how things fit together, don't get me wrong - i'm certainly no expert on any of these subjects. but my friends at work are more open minded and so to these people i have recommended visiting ats.

I suppose for me it depends on who the person is to whether or not i would recommend ats.
Thank you

top topics

join