It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian sattelite NigComSat-1R successfully launched from China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yesterday, December 19th 2011, the sattelite NigComSat-1R was successfully launched from Xixhang satellite Launch Center.

China launched another commercial satellite mission on Monday, when a Long March 3B/E (Chang Zheng-3B/E) lofted the NigComSat-1R on behalf of Nigeria from the Xixhang satellite Launch Center. The launch – adding to China’s record year – took place at 16:41 UTC.

NigComSat-1R is built on DFH-4 satellite bus developed by the China Academy of Space Technology (CAST), a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), and is equipped with 28 transponders on board, including 4 C-band, 14 Ku-band, 8 Ka-band, 2 L-band.

(...)

The Nigerian Communications Satellite 1R Contract was signed between NIGCOMSAT LTD and CGWIC on March 24, 2009. Pursuant to the Contract, CGWIC, with its subcontractor China Academy of Space Technology (CAST), China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology (CALT), and China Satellite Launch & Tracking Control General (CLTC) contributed for the NigComSat-1R launch and deliver it in orbit.

Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company in April 2006, which is a state-owned enterprise responsible for the operation and management of Nigerian Communications Satellites.

source: www.nasaspaceflight.com...

"How Nigcomsat-1R will impact Nigerian economy" : www.vanguardngr.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Interesting name they gave it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And if you send $5,000 to Dr. Clement Okon he will deposit $25,000,000 dollars of overbillings to the Chinese government to your bank account.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I hope this sattelite helps the development of the Nigerian economy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow... Apparently the con artists and international aid packages have been quite good to the people of ...well.. Okay, to the leaders of Nigeria.

I do have a wee little question though and it has to do with this:

His toric chart of Nigerian GDP

When your entire Gross Domestic Product is under 200 billion...exactly where is the dough coming from for toy shopping at THIS level? China must have just about given this to them as a gift. I sure can't see where they had the national funding to cover it out of Nigeria. Interesting..... Perhaps we should pay more attention to that little African nation. China sure is..and I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Wow... Apparently the con artists and international aid packages have been quite good to the people of ...well.. Okay, to the leaders of Nigeria.

I do have a wee little question though and it has to do with this:

His toric chart of Nigerian GDP

When your entire Gross Domestic Product is under 200 billion...exactly where is the dough coming from for toy shopping at THIS level? China must have just about given this to them as a gift. I sure can't see where they had the national funding to cover it out of Nigeria. Interesting..... Perhaps we should pay more attention to that little African nation. China sure is..and I wonder why?

Nigeria's GDP = 202 billion dollars

Philippines' GDP = 199 billion dollars

Pakistan's GDP = 176 billion dollars

Both Pakistan and the Philippines have satellites in orbit, why Nigeria can't have one?

top topics

join