It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Interview On CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This recent interview on CNN gives Ron Paul a chance to explain and defend a lot of his positions.

Early on, a poll is shown that says what percentage of people support his positions, and only 36% of people want to end the Fed! That really disappointed me. That tells me about 60% of Americans don't understand the Fed and how it operates....

When discussing his plan to get rid of 5 government departments, the interviewer brings up the criticism of the thousands of jobs that will eliminate. I really don't like that mentality, that if people will lose their jobs from cutting unnecessary departments, we shouldn't ever cut them. That's an unhealthy way to look at it IMO.

Next, he gets a chance to explain his philosophy on the free market and how changing the things he wants to will create jobs.

Then this little corporate media puppet praises and glorifies the Federal Reserve and central banks
, but Ron Paul sets him straight. That coneheads pro-establishment bias really is illustrated when he's talking about the Fed.

Since Ron Paul is surging in the polls, the media is pulling our every trick in the book. This clown brings up the racist newsletter that Ron Paul has stated about 50 times that he didn't write. The medias treatment towards him is SO BIASED.

Then Ron Paul calls out the media for being biased, and brings up the legendary Jon Stewart clip that went viral.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, the newsletter thing is normal for politicians. Answer is simple:

1. I have long since disavowed the views in those newsletters
  2. Those views are not reflected in anything I have said in Congress or in speeches int he past 20 years

edit on 12-20-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be on CNN tonight around 6pm, not sure if EST or what. I think John King will be interviewing him. Tune in after work tonight folks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
When interviewers constantly interrupt interviewees with "Yup, Ok", it's like they are thinking out loud, "Just STFU already"

edit on 20-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul is going to have to handle those newsletters better. He comes off like he is really trying to avoid it, he sounds like he is whining about people talking about it, and it seems he clearly knows who wrote them but he won't give out the name(s).

Maybe he won't give out the name(s) because those people are still working for him???

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Then this little corporate media puppet praises and glorifies the Federal Reserve and central banks
, but Ron Paul sets him straight. That coneheads pro-establishment bias really is illustrated when he's talking about the Fed.

Ron Paul is not actually against single global currency or monetary system, as long as it's not fiat.

Since Ron Paul is surging in the polls, the media is pulling our every trick in the book. This clown brings up the racist newsletter that Ron Paul has stated about 50 times that he didn't write. The medias treatment towards him is SO BIASED.

No, it's a valid point. RP never explained clearly about the racist newsletters, he avoids it and whines about questions regarding them.

new topics

top topics

join