It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP George Wilderman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Today, December 20th 2011, we have lost a great hero. Unbeknownst to many, my grandfather was a WW2 Veteran. He joined during the tail end of the war at the age of 17. As many of you know, there was still many, many Japanese who didn't believe the War was over. He was there helping stabilize the region, and do his part in helping those who were ravaged by the Japanese during WW2, he was also part of the helpful effort towards the Japanese and rebuilding their country after our assault.

After WW2 and his tour in the Pacific he returned to the US and married my Grandmother, they were married for 50+ years I dont have the exact length, but I remember going to their 50th wedding anniversary a few years a go. Together they had 9 children, all whom I call Aunt and Uncle and love with all my heart. From there they all married and had kids.

Because of my Grandfather I am alive today, and because of him I am where I am today. Without him I would never have some of the Values I hold so highly. He couldnt say much because of Emphysema, it crushes me knowing, he was there and had so much to say, but could never get it out. I would talk to my Grandmother about some ATS issues and my Grandfather would give me a smile. The best thing I can know is he knew I was on a good path in life..

I know your all wondering why I'm posting about him. I do it because I need an outlet to talk about someone great in my life that has passed away. He was a very very important person in my life, important enough for me to say something about him to the world. Even though I wrote a decent amount. I dont think its enough and gives him enough justice or credit.

Its just better than keeping it all in. Thank you ATS for reading and caring. It helps.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Truly sorry for your loss. Hopefully you can find some peace in knowing he had a long and good life. It sounds as though your grandfather was a good man and will be missed. RIP!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks. It means a lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sorry to hear he passed. He was a true American hero, the kind that went to war, did their job and came home to build a family. They never talked much about what they did or how much they missed home or sacrificed for their country. I know because my grandad fought in WW1 and was wounded in combat and never spoke about it to me, I had to find out from my father who served in the Navy during Korea.
My father-in-law was a ball turret gunner on a B17 from 43-45 including the Schweinfurt raid and we just found out when we were moving him in to an assisted living facility while going through his stuff.
I salute your grandfather and all his generation. I can tell his values live on in you and that is what is truly important. You know where to go from here when duty calls to defend freedom. My ancestors have passed the same on to me. May they all rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sincere condolences to you and our family in your loss. Your grandfather was a truly great man. Great people don't die. They live on in the wisdom and courage they pass on to their children and grandchildren.

Your grandfather will always be there with you, You carry him in your soul.

top topics

join