It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Peace Experiment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

WHAT IS WORLD PEACE AND HOW DO WE GET SOME?

Wikipedia defines Peace as...

Peace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of violent conflict. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility, peace also suggests the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all. In international relations, peacetime is not only the absence of war or conflict, but also the presence of cultural and economic understanding and unity.There is also a sense of tolerance in international relations for the realization of true peace.

Wikipedia defines World Peace as...

"World Peace is an ideal of freedom, peace, and happiness among and within all nations and/or people. World peace is an idea of planetary non-violence by which nations willingly cooperate, either voluntarily or by virtue of a system of governance that prevents warfare. The term is sometimes used to refer to a cessation of all hostility among all individuals. For example, World Peace could be crossing boundaries via education, engineering, medicine, diplomats and/or an end to all forms of fighting."

It all sounds pretty complicated and perhaps thats the very problem - over complication.

When you think about how to make it happen; all the steps that would be needed; all the cooperation it would take - it seems staggering to even think it is possible.

We have Wars and Famine, Crime and Hate, Poverty and Confict, Greed and Insecurity, Cheating, Lying... So HOW could we possibly change this?

One person could never do it; one small group could never do it right? It would take the vast majority of the people of Earth to make it happen.

Is it possible, is it needed, is it time?

Peace is not a myth, it is a choice, a decision.

To have Peace we must first be Peaceful.

I believe if we asked every individual on this planet if they want Peace; in their own life, they would answer Yes.

Experiment:

To ask every individual on Earth if they want Peace in their own life.

If enough of us answer Yes, to this question we will have it.

So please ask everyone you know that simple question and ask them to pass it on.

What do you think?

edit on 12/19/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

To ask every individual on Earth if they want Peace in their own life.

Not to be a sh!t starter, but one's definition of Peace may drastically differ from someone else's...

ie: I may find peace by going on a 3 state killing spree. Where another individual may attain peace by attending choir practice...

So, whose peace is righteous..? We don't really know, so I think this experiment should be shelved until we do...but thanks for the feel good thread!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The only peace this planet will ever find is when every last human is dead!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

Considering the first two responses, I feel compelled to post that I agree with you that peace is a choice that we all have to make individually before it can manifest around the world. S+F for posting my greatest hope.

There is a great deal of research about the power of our minds, our thoughts. Some of it is substantiated by science, and some of it is people riding an idealistic wave (you can be rich, send me $$$$, and I'll tell you how). I think it's difficult for people in general to accept the power of thought, because to do so means taking responsibility for their thoughts.

It is quite a challenge to be, think, and act peacefully all the time. I tend to be very hard on myself, so I had to start there. Getting along with family, friends, co-workers, strangers in the grocery store or in traffic is hard enough, so I don't think there is much, if anything, we can do to make or help others choose peace.

To facelift, if your theortetical 3-state killing spree only involved victims who wanted to be killed and believed that would bring them peace, then you and they would all be at peace. I know it's a stretch to think that way, but . . .

To Just Chris, I have felt that way too. I hope something comes along to soften your opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
The only peace this planet will ever find is when every last human is dead!

But you didn't answer the question.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well Kos, I like the way you think.

Of course Peace would be a great value to all life.
War only expendes resources, that are becoming more and more scarce.

It would be efficent to have a completly peaceful system.
The logistics are mind boggling, I might add.

I think peace will most likely be attained in our lifetime, I only say this because of the large environmental hazards taht are likely to play out.

As scientist have said, we are approaching alot of milestones, for aquatic life, Ice caps, perma frost, Ice shelfs, man made extinction of species, wasting of resources, pollution, toxic waste, economic failures, and failures of entire nations.

We are in a time where no one wants to see the problems, ignorance is bliss.

top topics

join