It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pensacola City Council tries to silence priest during city meeting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A Pensacola Priest is giving a statement to the city council when he is intervened by the board Chairman. Chairman says that the Priest is out of order and gives signal to police to arrest him! Another board memeber, disgusted by the Chariman's ruling, walks off!

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, so I apoligize if it has. I also do not know how to embed videos so forgive me.

www.liveleak.com...

I hope people wake up and realize.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

Can't watch the video, but live in Pensacola in the mid 90's. It's upsetting to see this happen there as I still have family living there.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
wow!

The cops didn't seem too taser happy with church man.lol.

Although, the majority didn't leave the room, they applauded that he left. They all failed.
edit on 12/19/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Had this been anyone else he would have been strong armed by those officers and forcefully removed..

Since he is a priest.. the police weren't too keen on making themselves look bad..

I have to say I'm impressed with the two counselors that stood up and left in protest.. and say this chairman should be impeached.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That is disturbing!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

It really is! Just hope people will realize that we're definitely not in Kansas anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
wow!

The cops didn't seem too taser happy with church man.lol.

Although, the majority didn't leave the room, they applauded that he left. They all failed.
edit on 12/19/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

I think the applauding was coming from the woman that left the board and made the statement about listening to people's grievances outside since the Chairman was in violation of the First Amendment.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If someone could embed the video, I'd be sincerely grateful.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the people were applauding. If it were me, I'd be applauding the council members that left the meeting in protest. This is a blatant attempt to silence someone exercising their right to criticize the government. Apparently this has happened before. The priest was criticizing the removal of people in an earlier meeting.

edit on 19-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure you can embed this video. ATS is set up for YouTube or Google videos.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Pensacola City Council tries to silence priest during city meeting

Well, who would have thought inspiration and hope came in the form of a priest...normally they are only good for a cheap laugh or watered down rhetoric (as seen here).

And what about the last name - Monk...talk about having your future laid out since day 1.

Good on ya' Father Monk...keep on keepin'!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
we as human beings should really push the FIRST reaction effect..
FIRST REACTION EFFECT:
well if I get up and all of a sudden say "well I say he should stay, anyone else?" and go stand with him....
more cops show up......More people say well We also think he should stay.....and go stand with him.....
IF WE ALL in that situation stand with him....How many cops will be necesary to remove us all?.....
We all in that situation show our numbers.....untill the AUTHORITY LEAVES.....for security reasons or whatever.....and we continue....and then the first reaction effect

.....some one sits in his chair and fills his role.....
all be it for the effect....but show how replaceable a person in charge is.....that first guy to just sit in his seat or the first guy to defy the authority and stand by that man......he will be the last person to leave if he just does it when all favor is in his camp, as it always is for that first guy......1 cop 1 person.....2 people for every cop= a handful of cops must leave for safety......It will end after the EFFECT has fadded..but make them expect that and you can force their numbers where you want them....leaving wanted forums exposed.......it must be organized on a sort of tribal basis.....city, town, street...local power has more say in that situation. local bussiness leaders community leaders etc....

you´ll have less exposure than say a viral video of a hippie ranting about helping the cause like the leave britney spears alone kid... but we cant afford to have a single head of movement......rather a endless stream of FIRST EFFECTERS.. just MHO

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
People really need to be aware of this thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The fact that the man was a priest is irrelevant to what occurred and gives off an unnecessary religious spin to an issue of free speech and citizens criticizing their government.

top topics

join