It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surging Ron Paul cuts into Newt Gingrich’s dream of winning Iowa caucus - NY DAILY NEWS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the last thing you would want is any kind of focus on Ron Paul. If he becomes any sore of legit threat then you will see lots of nice ads with Ron Paul wants to legalize drugs and prostitution, leave NATO and blames you for 911. And that will be the end of Rob Paul.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

His fellow candidates regard him as a crank and the Republican establishment has long regarded his anti-war tirades as bizarre and derided his following as cult-like. But Ron Paul, the septuagenarian Texas congressman who ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988, is hoping to have the last laugh as he plots what polls indicate could be a surprise victory in the Iowa caucuses on January 3.

They are now calling him front runner!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.telegraph.co.uk...

They are now calling him front runner!!

Yes, but they continue to undercut him later on:

While it remains unlikely that Dr Paul, who at 77 on election day would be the oldest ever president of the United States on taking office, could win his party’s nomination, his impact on the outcome could be significant.

At least he's getting the headlines though!

Go Ron Paul!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yea I know that, they are desperate in every attempt to discredit him. Reagan was pretty old but he still did good things, but they dont pick on him about his age.

edit on 18-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
$25,000 till we hit 4 million

www.ronpaul2012.com...

We did it ladies and gentlemen

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.nydailynews.com...

He is soaring in the polls. He is giving speeches to packed halls. He is worshiped like a rock star by adoring fans who scream his name. He is eccentric 76-year-old congressman Ron Paul — and he may be Newt Gingrich’s worst nightmare. “Ron Paul has a lot of momentum right now and is appealing to a wide spectrum of people here in Iowa,” said James McCormick, political science professor at Iowa State University. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

Well there it is, NY daily news is saying the inevitable. The unelectable is very close to taking the cake in iowa and eventually the rest of the country. This is NY daily news a major US newspaper and they are conceding defeat. I will wait until the fat lady sings but this is really good news. They are saying: "“He is set to play spoiler." I am really excited about this. I want him to win Iowa and am hoping for a NH win and eventually florida. I think the southern states will be difficult, but this will be wonderful. I cannot tell how many times we fought so hard to get him debate time.

First they were ignoring him, making fun of him, and mocking him. Then they we fought for airtime and got a little; then the people became thirsty and asked for more. He is an oasis in the desert.
edit on 17-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

AWESOME

thank you for sharing

love & light for the win,

THANK YOU

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The entire Republican Party became a joke. The only Americans who still think of voting republican with these candidates is an uneducated, underclass redneck that should not be allowed to vote under the premise of being mentally retarded and incapable of making a logical decision.

Reading your pervious comments and posts you sound like one of them…

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

It's almost a dream to think that Ron Paul might actually win Iowa. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Newt manages to win by just a few hundred votes.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What I wouldn't give to have a straight talking no BS politician like that here in the UK instead of the toffy nosed buffoons we are lumbered with.

To my brothers in the USA, please do the right thing.

You GO Ron Paul! You will be good for the entire planet!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
You think you are seeing something amazing now, wait until his inauguration.

Make it happen and watch this country come alive with the values it once held.
edit on 19-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

People ENDLESSLY "picked on£ Reagan about his age... is their any paranoid theory RPers won't embrace?

I know what happened, the liberal media has a time machine and sent it back to 1979, and forced the GOP to choose Reagan, then for 8 years they relentlessly silenced anyone who they knew was going to "pick on" him, just so when RP was running for President in 2011 they could "pick on" him about his age, and it would dishearten potential Republican voters, thus ensuring a Romney victory.

That's def what happened!

You RPErs need to wake the # up and realise that the biggest threat to RP is that he won't get enough votes because his policies are poisonous to the GOP establishment and a LOT of Republican voters.

No conspiracies needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What is strange to me is even left leaning MSNBC doesn't have this up on their website under politics, but when Newt and Cain were frontrunners that is all they had stories about, same with CNN

top topics

<< 1   >>

join