It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbolism behind Red String Kaballah Bracelets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just remembered out of the blue how popular it was among celebs to wear red string bracelets a few years ago. As I'm not a student or practitioner of kaballah, I really don't know what the symbolism behind it is, but knowing what I know about the entertainment industry and who it is run by, I can pretty much assume that it isn't meant to be harmless and there is a hidden meaning behind it. So, I did a little research in the area and I have come to the conclusion that wearing a red string (Kaballa) bracelet symbolizes the act of you giving yourself up as an offering to demonic spirits.

Why do I think this? Ok I'll tell you.

On the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), Jewish people go through a very complex set of rituals which culminates in them being forgiven for all their sins. One thing that happens during this most holy of Jewish holidays is that two goats are brought forth. One is chosen as a goat for the Lord God, while the other goat is said to be for Azazel. Who is Azazel? Well, if you were to read the Book of Enoch, you'd find that Azazel is one of the chief fallen angels who transgressed against God. These angels came to heaven, taught humans divine knowledge, were intimate with women, and spawned a race of hybrid beings known as the Nephilim. This was the cause for the Great Flood in Genesis (to wipe out the Nephilim race and to erase on Earth what had been done by the fallen angels). Okay, back to the goat. The goat for the demon Azazel traditionally has a red band tied around it's horns, distinguishing it from the sacrificial goat for the Lord. Traditionally, this goat is then led into the wilderness and thought to be symbolically carrying away all of the sins of the congregation with it, hopefully to never be seen again.

Opinions?

By the way, is Baphomet supposed to be the symbol of a Scapegoat?
edit on 17-12-2011 by Privy_Princess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

Red bracelets dont have to be kabbalah related. Infact, many jewish people wear red bracelets to fullfill the rabbinical teachings. You need to realize that the zohar is for people who generally have about 30 years of torah study under their belts, before they can begin to understand about the complexities of the spirit. Hollywood has recently gotten into this cultish kabbalah, which is very ..and I mean very dangerous. Leave it to people like britney spears, Beyonce, and Madonna to lead the way into the darkside. But to be clear, the rituals on Yom Kippur, are holy rituals, ( I practice them myself) and it is to cleanse the spirit of all wrongdoings, and to reconcile yourself with the Most High. We sing a song generally Avinu Malkeinu (Our Father Our King), which kinda just says "what deeds have we (humans) done on our own!?" and we fast from food and water for one day (spiritual affliction). I have been keeping tabs on nephilim in modern times, if you are interested on some of the books or links I may have please just send me a message I will be happy to provide them.

Also the symbolism of animals in Torah: hmm I cannot explain this so that it would make sense to you really. But a goat was made ritually unclean by HaShem, that does not mean all goats are evil, just like serpents. Perhaps one way to look at the goat symbolism is to assume the qualities of the goat. It is stubborn and can be feirce, it has a huge hunger, and it lays in its own filth. But the ancients have obviously far more knowledge then we do today about symbolism. Think about the creation story (Genesis) where the serpent tempts Adam and Eve. The serpent so to say would not be able to talk unless willed by the One, but also can be read as a symbol of knowledge, idk if you want any talking points like I said just let me know..

edit on 17-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: to complete talking point about goat

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavenWolf

Red bracelets dont have to be kabbalah related. Infact, many jewish people wear red bracelets to fullfill the rabbinical teachings. You need to realize that the zohar is for people who generally have about 30 years of torah study under their belts, before they can begin to understand about the complexities of the spirit. Hollywood has recently gotten into this cultish kabbalah, which is very ..and I mean very dangerous. Leave' it to people like britney spears, Beyonce, and Madonna to lead the way into the darkside. But to be clear, the rituals on Yom Kippur, are holy rituals, ( I practice them myself) and it is to cleanse the spirit of all wrongdoings, and to reconcile yourself with the Most High. We sing a song generally Avinu Malkeinu (Our Father Our King), which kinda just says "what deeds have we (humans) done on our own!?" and we fast from food and water for one day (spiritual affliction). I have been keeping tabs on nephilim in modern times, if you are interested on some of the books or links I may have please just send me a message I will be happy to provide them.

Thanks for the reply, HeavenWolf. Yes, I'm definitely interested in any links you could give me on the topic of Nephilim and fallen angels. I believe it has a lot to do with what's going on in the world today.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
At least officially the explanation of the Kabballah bracelets is to ward off the evil eye, and it must be cut from a string of a certain length:

According to Rabbi Yehuda Berg, author of "The Red String Book: The Power of Protection," Kabbalists believe that negative energies can enter people's lives through the "evil eye," which is when someone looks at you with envy and jealousy. Kabbalists' goal is to rid their lives of, protect themselves from and reject negative energy from the evil eye by wearing the bracelet 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To be effective, the string must be wool, dyed red and worn on the left wrist. Additionally, it must be cut from a longer string than was wrapped around the tomb of Rachel, the matriarch of the Bible, in Israel.

Read more: What Is the Meaning of Red String Bracelets? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

I've seen lots of Hindus wearing a red bracelet known as a mauli or kalava, although the reasons differ between Hindus, Buddhists and Kabbalists.
www.ehow.com...

I've asked some Hindus about it, and they mainly feel it reminds them to behave in an ethical manner, similar to the "What Would Jesus Do?" bracelets.

I guess it's also an assertion of identity, and various cults and street preachers don't have to waste their time trying to convert you, since you already have a faith.
edit on 18-12-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Interesting interpretation. However it's more likely the tradition has to do with Gen. 38:27-30,

(27) When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. (28) As she was giving birth, one of them put out his hand; so the midwife took a scarlet thread and tied it on his wrist and said, “This one came out first.” (29) But when he drew back his hand, his brother came out, and she said, “So this is how you have broken out!” And he was named Perez.[a] (30) Then his brother, who had the scarlet thread on his wrist, came out. And he was named Zerah.

a. Genesis 38:29 Perez means breaking out.
b. Genesis 38:30 Zerah can mean scarlet or brightness.

NIV: www.biblegateway.com...
Or, if you prefer the JPS Hebrew-English version: www.mechon-mamre.org...

The symbology of the scarlet cord is then later used in Joshua 2 in the story of Rahab and the Spies,

(17) The men said to her, “This oath you made us swear will not be binding on us (18) unless, when we enter the land, you have tied this scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and unless you have brought your father and mother, your brothers and all your family into your house. (19) If anyone goes outside your house into the street, his blood will be on his own head; we will not be responsible. As for anyone who is in the house with you, his blood will be on our head if a hand is laid on him. (20) But if you tell what we are doing, we will be released from the oath you made us swear.”

NIV: www.biblegateway.com...
JPS: www.mechon-mamre.org...

A curious thing here is that through the Torah, when God first created the "generations" of the heavens and the earth, the word toldot (תולדות) is used (Gen. 2:4). This refers to created order before the sin and fall of Adam and Eve.

After the fall of Adam, however, the word is spelled differently in the Hebrew text, with a missing letter Vav (i.e., as תלדות). Thereafter, each time the phrase, "these are the generations of" occurs in the Scriptures (a formulaic way of enumerating the generations of the heads of families), the word is spelled "defectively," with the missing Vav (ו). The Vav was "lost." However, when we come to Ruth 4:18 the phrase: 'These are the generations of Perez' is spelled with the missing Vav restored (i.e., as תולדות). In all of Scripture, the only two places where we see the restored spelling is in Genesis 2:4 and Ruth 4:18.

Now, if you recall, the name "Perez" (פרץ) means "breach" (from paratz, meaning "to break through"). The Restored Vav is a picture of the Mashiach who would "break through" and descend from the "generations" of Perez. So the red bracelet is interpreted to be a protective segula. Those who wear it are associated with Perez through Zerah and are spared like Rahab and her family.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

most of my baby pictures up until i was 3 have me wearing one of these:

azabache-bracelet

www.starfindings.com...

my family on my paternal grandma's side knew that the evil eye was real

when she was about 13-14 yrs old my great-grandmas sister ran away from the farm

years later the whole countryside knew about her and
hundreds of people would go visit the cave in the hills were she'd set up shop as a witch/herbalist

the evil eye was one of her gifts

please disregard the kabbalah-lite that's making the rounds of hollywood of all places.

it's worthless to all except those cashing in on it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hmm.

Something else that's religious and spiritual being associated with devil worship?

How surprising. Christians eh?

top topics

join