It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good bartering lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
How many out there have been bartering in lieu of pay?
What deals have you got so far?

Shameless egoist 'make myself feel grand' note.
I just sold one of my trucks for a dollar, and help putting a new engine in another truck.
When we went to get the sold truck, the damned thing didn't even turn over, I felt like a heel. The new owner is a garage mechanic, two minutes under the hood, and it was running.
The new owner is a garage mechanic, and needs a big truck to haul cars on a trailer. He's driving his new truck up and down the street, showing the neighbors, and I'll be glad to have my other truck running, again.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
that took some reading to understand, but i got there.

so, in lieu of money, you were given a professional service to help you get another of your trucks up and running. Only you can decide if thats a good trade, but by the sound of it, you are both happy with the deal, so everyones a winner.

Good job

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I traded some of my hand made soaps and shea butter lotions for excellent home canned goods from a person who couldn't afford to buy my products for Christmas gifts. We both were very happy with the deal

edit on 17-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Crimsonred, damned happy with the deal.

Destinyone, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone's talking about the economy and the crash, and there's a lot to be had by bartering.

I want to hear people's deals.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor
Crimsonred, damned happy with the deal.

Destinyone, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone's talking about the economy and the crash, and there's a lot to be had by bartering.

I want to hear people's deals.

You should post this in the Survival Forum....bet the response there would be much better...plus, I think it's an awesome subject.

At first it's a little uncomfortable to ask someone to trade goods with you if you have a tight budget, and really can't afford to buy what they are selling. But it turns out that a lot of the time, others are thinking the same thing.

Break the ice...you might be doing *both* parties a big favor

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I wouldn't know how to pick up this post and move it. I can always use the plaintive, "Mods, if this is in the wrong place, could you please move it?"

But that is a good idea, and you're right, a lot of people are antsy about their bartering skills. Reading about other people's deals might help.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I tried to barter a Bible for a Koran, and vice-verse, but nobody was interested.

One guy told me he already has a door-stopper!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well.

There you go, then. Good on you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join