It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islamist group Sharia4Belgium threatens to destroy the Atomium in video.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This lunatic is getting way above is head at the moment. I wonder how long it will take before Belgian authorities are going to do something about this. I know this guy and others will be on trial next month for spreading words of hate & violence through their website & videos. I just hope they won't wait until another drama happens before they realise what a threat this group can be...

This MEMRI clip features a lecture by Sheik Abu Imran, the leader of Shariah4Belgium, about the coming abolition of "idolatry” in Belgium. He says that all "idols” — including the famous Atomium monument — will be destroyed when Belgium comes under Islamic control.

He's even dressed in a military outfit for the occasion. Most people are laughing this all away but I don't think it's funny.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
These few groups ruin the reputation of Muslims worldwide. When will they learn that they are not helping Islam?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

will be destroyed when Belgium comes under Islamic control

bad for him this will never happen

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is this real or is this from Monthy Python?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Look alot more closely....they're actors inciting violence and hatred.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Look alot more closely......they're ACTORS!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I wish it was. Still, it would be a bad joke

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I can assure you he's not an actor. He's from the northern part of Antwerp and has quite a few followers. They even opened an Islamic court a few months ago...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why aren't these people locked up or turfed out of the country !!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Yeah, but don't worry..there's no such thing...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Atomium is totally amazing.
An excellent building,and a great way to get people interested in science.
I was there in the late 80's and again 10 years ago.
Its a top place to visit.

Lock up any fools who wish to harm it.
Whatever their reasons.
Goons.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
Why aren't these people locked up or turfed out of the country !!

Because it's Belgium! Our policies, government & law institutes are so ridiculous even Franz Kafka would scratch his head and say: "Now THIS is absurd!"

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They are real, but I'll tell you one thing about them.

They are under 24/7 watch.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
They are real, but I'll tell you one thing about them.

They are under 24/7 watch.

Prisoners in our country are under 24/7 watch too. Yet, they manage to escape every so often. So your claim doesn't add any comfort to this threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
These few groups ruin the reputation of Muslims worldwide. When will they learn that they are not helping Islam?

Helping Islam... Hell they arent even respresenting Islam.

A bunch of whack jobs who hijacked a religion in an effort to be cruel to other people because they werent hugged enough as a child. The only way this is going to be fixed is for all people, regardless of nationality or religion, to join together and draw a line in the sand and say no more to terrorism, regardless of religion. To state killing each other over religion is not the act of a civilized people.

An attack on one peaceful person should be considred an attack on all peaceful people.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
These hideous people are all about destruction and negatives.

These negatives mean they will never see their beloved god, so they are only writing their own fate.

Move over Satan, lotta people coming in.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm from Antwerp, where this guy lives.
Even though Shariaforbelgium is a bit of an extreme organisation, it doesn't have that much active followers, they are wackjobs who think they are like Al Quada....

this guy in the vid is called the 'towns idiot' by most normal islamic people in Antwerp. He doesn't get that much support.
I'm sure he is watched 24/7 (I hope he is)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Helping Islam... Hell they arent even respresenting Islam.

That's what you think must be true, because you have been listening to other ignorant people - but this is what true Islam is! - it hasn't been 'hijacked' or distorted - this is pure Islam!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Judaism and Christianity both have violent histories, and parts of their religious text advocate death for not following religious doctrine. I have met Muslims who disdain those people who kill in the name of their religion, just as I disdain those who kill in the name of religion.

Islam forbids the killing of civilians, it forbids homicide bombers, and it forbids suicide. The only time violence is allowed is while at war, and even then Islam prohibits certain acts, which these wing-nuts ignore, specifically the part of the Quran which states only Allah can give life and only Allah can take life.

Issues in Christianity that people ignore -

Radical extremists are to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity as the WestBoro Baptist church is to the Baptist religion as Warren Jeffs is to the Mormon religion.

Taking the actions of a group and applying them en mass to the entire people is as stupid as it is ignorant, regardless of religion.

Was Timothy Mcveigh a standard bearer for all Christians?
Was Bin Laden a standard bearer for all Muslims?
Is Fred Phelps the standard bearer for all Baptists?
Is Warren Jeffs the standard bearer for all Mormons?

Im not ready to throw the towel in to believe there is no good in this world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Fine - go and tell that to Hammas, Hezbollah, AQ , Hizb ut tahrir, Taliban or the other hundred misunderstanders of islam terror groups. I'm sure once they hear that you know their religion so much better than they do, they will welcome you with open arms.

new topics

top topics

join