It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAY IT FORWARD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It is the time of year to reflect on the coming new year. The previous year, 2011 has had its triumphs, bumps and bruises.This site is mainly comprised of complainers and arm chair know - it - all's. There are also some very intelligent contributors, ya ya I'm including you too phage. It is also one of the fastest sources of up to date news articles on the net.
What I would like to know is what does everyone here do to make their home (meaning city, country, world) a better place to live?
I have done extensive volunteer work on an annual community festival as an organizer. I have been elected as vice president of the local chapter of the Chamber of Commerce. I have chaired and organized one of the largest fund raisers for the local community. I have sat on the local recreation advisory board and the hardest volunteer work I have done was assist (first contact) displaced family members during the worst forest fire in my communities history, some 250 homes burned down and displaced thousands.
I really care for the residents of my community and I shovel snow from both my elderly neighbours driveways (and I can't stand one of them) every winter as a kind gesture.
I care for my aged parents who occupy my basement. My wife works as a nurse,
I see many of you have participated in the Occupy movement. Tell me, (this is your time to brag) who are the movers and shakers on this site and what have you done. Lets separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls.
Lets hear from you all, even good intentions count, cause we all got to start some where!
brice

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by brice

To me it is never that time of year to reflect. It is always that time. I realize that I can be a dick from time to time, but I always try to help, or be polite when it comes to people on a personal day to day basis.

And I actually feel bad when I realize that I may have overstepped my bounds.

edit on 17-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the post "T" ! Doesn't look like many people qualify. That leaves me a little disapointed that there are not more people on this site that self sacrifice to improve the world, sad really.

join