It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While You're Enjoying The Holidays, Here's Some "Food For Thought"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sometimes we have to step outside of our comfort zone to understand harsh realities. But in doing so, we find that we can Rise Above and make a difference.

This is my latest effort at spreading awareness...

(Availible in 1080p)^
edit on 16-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

There's not really much I can say to this apart from "Beautiful!" as I'm sure you have noticed by the lack of replies to your thread. A country is measured by the way it treats the "lowest" of its citizens. Nice to see people helping each other and damn that guy can chop vegetables! I would have lost at least a few finger tips if I attempted even a quarter of his speed.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If governments would care for their own peole, what a difference it would make. Sadly, greed and power are their priorities and it makes me sick! There is no need for people to go hungry and to sufer to such depths. What an excellent, powerful and thought provoking video!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you. I think that many people believe this situation is nessasary, or that it's just bad luck. To the contrary, economic policies drive these conditions to a large degree.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you. And, I agree, governments are part of the problem, they tend to sell their people out.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There are people from their own Countries and people from all over the world who contribute to the poor of other Contries, but it isn't enough. The Governments must change somehow and care for their own. To see in this day and age how money matters more than human lives astounds me. That we try so hard and get nowhere astounds me. How did it get so far? We can cry, beg, scream and yell and do the Governments care? NO! They are supposed to care for their people but have lost their humanity. In turn, humanity is losing their hope.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

thank you for sharing this wonderful video , but could you please tell me whats the name of the movie @ 6:35 ?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

That was absolutely brilliant, especially the part with the Indian man, i actually had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

edit on 17-12-2011 by teddy007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I can't remember which natural disaster it was but I think it was that huge Tsunami of 2004 (?). Hundreds of millions of dollars poured in from all over the world. Then the TV started telling us that all the "logistical problems" contributed to much of the aid either never reaching the people it was supposed to or being stuck in huge warehouses with no way to transport it. It was some BS in any case.

I find the strange thing in India is that they can afford a nuclear program and a space program yet something like 80 or 90 percent of citizens have to live on a dollar or less a day. Its nice to see people helping where they can.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This one is going on my blog.
Thanks so much.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You, my friend, are an amazing artist.

That was an incredible piece and it was very well produced.

I stand up and applaud your efforts.
Every single person who owns a TV or who has the internet should watch this.
It will change their mindset, even if by a fraction, and make a difference.
You made even this tough young man well up with emotion.
That's a rare event.
Thank you.

*S&F*

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I started watching this my typical cynical mindset. By the time I had finished I realized how much I needed to change.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I can't remember which natural disaster it was but I think it was that huge Tsunami of 2004 (?). Hundreds of millions of dollars poured in from all over the world. Then the TV started telling us that all the "logistical problems" contributed to much of the aid either never reaching the people it was supposed to or being stuck in huge warehouses with no way to transport it. It was some BS in any case.

I find the strange thing in India is that they can afford a nuclear program and a space program yet something like 80 or 90 percent of citizens have to live on a dollar or less a day. Its nice to see people helping where they can.

So very true!!!!! It pisses me off that Governments have money for whatever they want to spend it on, but to hell with human beings. Our people do not have to be starving and suffering like this!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice work ,The problem is, the people who need to see the world as it is are blinded by the sunlight reflecting off gold. We all want to survive,but to fix this world everyone needs to go

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Blessed be,
I agree also that there is no need for people to live in poverty, if only those that have money and wealth could truly realise how it is to live like this. This includes the Governments around the world.
We do what we can, when we can and hope that this will inspire others to do so too.

Namasté

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't think there is very much that I can add except thank you OP. Star and Flag for you
Thanks for a wonderful insightful video.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
I don't think there is very much that I can add except thank you OP. Star and Flag for you
Thanks for a wonderful insightful video.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE

thank you for sharing this wonderful video , but could you please tell me whats the name of the movie @ 6:35 ?

I believe this is what you're looking for:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by teddy007

That was absolutely brilliant, especially the part with the Indian man, i actually had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

edit on 17-12-2011 by teddy007 because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
You, my friend, are an amazing artist.

That was an incredible piece and it was very well produced.

I stand up and applaud your efforts.
Every single person who owns a TV or who has the internet should watch this.
It will change their mindset, even if by a fraction, and make a difference.
You made even this tough young man well up with emotion.
That's a rare event.
Thank you.

*S&F*

Thank you, sir. I'm glad it had a positive impact.

top topics

join