It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US confronted over US cut off of UNESCO funding after Palestinian vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

An AP reporter confronts as US representitive after the United States cut off funding to UNESCO due to its decision to include Palestine as a state. Some interesting points were brought up over America's actual commitment to finding a joint peace-settlement and its overly overt support for Israel. The AP reporter clearly put the US representitive in a difficult and uncomftable posiition.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Explanation: S&F!

The lady in the video mentions legislative restrictions would prevent the USA form making the $60 million U$D contributions to UNESCO and yet they are not detailed in anyway!

Can anybody please point out any such legislative restrictions?

Personal Disclosure: So basically what I got from the video is that Israel rejects any Palestinian Statehood and wont return to the negotiation tables if Palestine EVER gets statehood [which it just did] and this leads me to believe that Israel was never really serious about having peace with its neighbours because it clearly doesn't want them on an equal footing!

Seems like we are on the Eve of Destruction more than ever!

Peace in the middle east will never exist as long as the state of Israel exits.

I blame the British!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We shouldn't be giving money to anyone abroad, I won't lose sleep over it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

What I found rather interesting was the reporter calling the representitive out when she said that the Palestinian bid for statehood and the Palestinian bid for full membership in UNESCO was creating tension. The only reason it is essentially creating tension is because the current Israeli regime is trying all it can to postpone (and maybe even avoid) Palestine achieve statehood. The bid for full membership wasn't exactly creating tensions. The only state which really disproved was Israel which entailed US disaproval. I find it alarming that they call a legitimate bid for full membership in UNESCO through a completely legitimate legal framework "provocative".

top topics

join