It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence? National guard included in the Joint Chief of Staff at the same time the NDAA passes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Of course it's no coincidence. There's never coincidences in politics... you think it's a coincidence they passed the NDAA on the same day it was the anniversary of the bill of rights? Nope. It was a message to everyone that was awaken... ``We rule you, slaves`` was the message.

Leahy: Joint Chiefs of Staff council meetings to include National Guard

Leahy And Graham: Final Defense Bill Elevates National Guard To Joint Chiefs Of Staff And Includes Other Elements Of The Leahy-Graham Guard Empowerment Bill

Victory Arrives On Guard’s 375th Birthday

WASHINGTON (TUESDAY, Dec. 13) – In a far-reaching and historic advance for the National Guard’s role in the nation’s defense and security structure, bipartisan conferees on the annual Defense Authorization Bill have agreed to give the National Guard its first seat on the nation’s highest military council, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, according to the Senate’s sponsors of the Guard reforms, Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

In addition to adding the Chief of the National Guard Bureau to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Conference Committee also included other important provisions from the Leahy-Graham bill. They include:

· reestablishing the position of the Vice Chief of the Guard Bureau at the three-star level;

Giving them more power and more money... basically buying the leadership.

· increasing the number of Guard general officers considered for senior positions at U.S. Northern Command;

More national guard officers in NORTHCOM... aka bribing them, making them more important, boost their ego, federalize them.

United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM, or informally just NORTHCOM) is a Unified Combatant Command of the United States military. Created on 1 October 2002 in the aftermath of the 11 September 2001 attacks, its mission is to protect the United States homeland and support local, state, and federal authorities.

Support local, state and feds... (to arrest suspected terrorists, aka you)

· helping to clarify the disaster response command relationship among the Guard and the U.S. military commands;

Basically making it more simple to command the national guard and the army together under the feds control.

· authorizing the National Guard State Partnership Program;

Aka federalizing the national guard.

· and requiring reports by the Department of Defense and the Government Accountability Office on the cost of National Guard and Reserve units compared to similar active component units.

Aka federalizing them.

The national guard will be used to round up people... Remember, national guard, army, navy, special ops... you have sworn an oath to defend the constitution and the PEOPLE of America... not the government helping the banks rape the country.

Follow your oath. Refuse unconstitutional orders.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
and the proverbial # hits the fan...i have never been more ashamed of my government.

Hope everyone is enjoying finishing their Christmas Shopping......i should've asked Santa for a gun

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This could be a good thing, but I doubt it as it will be a highly politicized position. National Guard Generals are already political animals just through the nature of their post and now there will be fifty or more (one from each state) all vying for the position.

Also, all members of the JCoS are four star Generals, so he/she will be the low man on the totem pole.

I can hear it now.

What's up with the FNG? General Smith! Where's our coffee and donuts!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Forgive me for cutting right to the chase here, but basically you're saying the Military agreed to politely agree (sell out) with the NDAA in exchange for the force most likely to be enforcing it domestically getting a chair at the big table (taking their pieces of silver) and more seats in the command center?

Hey.. Wait... Doesn't that also make the line between active duty federal troops and domestic national guard more blurry than it's already become?

I don't believe I see anything good about this in any direction, all the way around. I once thought having the National Guard represented as a distinct command at the Joint Chiefs would be a good idea. It's a good place to secure budgets and protect programs, after all. That was before 9/11 though, and so much has changed. I'd feel so much better if the National Guard got no closer to Federal command than they already are.

new topics

top topics

join