It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Awakens Us From This Nightmare To Show Us The Truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
The journey on planet Earth is not unlike a school and some people learn their lessons well and others seem not to pay attention to anything but their own reflection.

Brilliant quote, well said.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
While I really like the opening post, the truth is that if a person never learned it while they had a functional brain to take in the necessary information and configure that information (in residual form, of course) into original thought, then how in hell does that same person suddenly ingest the raw data units required to know - in full - what it could've never even suspected after the brain is gone? The answer is - that person doesn't. It's as simple as that. Here are a couple things to consider as you prepare to express your disdain and/or pity for my view. Just a couple very skeletal bits explaining why I believe what I believe about this.

Empirical data - collected for centuries from both Medium channelers and from the countless responsible witnesses to the phenomena of After Death Communication (ADC) - strongly suggests that when "Aunt Millie" kicks it and begins her eternal existence beyond the veil, she's going to be just as much "Aunt Millie" as she ever was when she was alive. This one very consistent observation (by those many millions who have, over centuries, contributed their direct experiences to the establishment of a widely held multicultural belief staple that embraces the truth of life after death) clashes horribly with the assertion that a passed human being suddenly tosses off its many strident ignorances as soon as it lifts out from the corpse. In short, "Aunt Millie" can't remain "Aunt Millie" if she's suddenly all-knowing, or even radically enlightened in a manner that conflicts profoundly with the incorrect truths and realities that she'd spent her entire life building as integral to the unique person she'd ultimately become - the same incorrect truths and realities that literally "made" her the Aunt Millie she was up until the moment of her passing.

Besides, that notion doesn't make any sense within the larger concept of progressive development, which is what 99% of life-passing-to-afterlife theological/philosophical assertions are directly based upon. The implications and direct ramifications of a zero-set protocol (an evening out of all qualities and quantities that makes a human being what it is) like "upon death, everyone will know the truth" effectively reduce the entire structure of actual metaphysics to meaninglessness. Basically eliminating the progressive development concept, but only for human beings. As if we're the only thing in physical reality that never gets to have a reason for learning, or progressing in any manner at all. Like the lyric "...and everything under the sun is in tune, and the sun is eclipsed by the moon." Suggesting such an aimless, meaningless dichotomy might be great for art, but when examining the fundamentals associated with a protocol structure as pervasive as the life-death transition, aimlessness and meaninglessness is anathema to every aspect of what's become so central to an otherwise consistent process.

Then again, I suppose that you can just claim that when the body drops, there's nothing at all from then on. That said, I don't think that this is what is being suggested. If conscious existence continues after corporeal death, there are implications that can't responsibly be dismissed in favor of a pet philosophy. That transition - if it does occur - is not happening in a vacuum. There are connection dots that must line up with what we already know about the progressive intellectual development of the corporeal human mind throughout its building process and right up until it's presented with that critical transition point. If the dots don't line up, then the post-transition theories can't be valid.

Just my own observation.
edit on 12/15/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/15/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I remember when i was around 15yrs old and my great grandmother had just recently buried her daughter,it should have been the other way around,but for her,it wasnt and then soon after she lost her two sisters,one of which had fallen through the ice of a skating pond many years earlier when she was a little girl and my great grandmother had saved her and once those two were gone,she was all alone.She was around 90yrs old,standing in front of me one day when i was 15 and she said "michael,i'm next,i know i am" and i said "no your not gramma,i love you,i dont want you to go anywhere" and then she said "here today,gone tomorrow",two weeks later she was gone...

I never ever would have told her,but when she said to me "here today,gone tomorrow' i realized even back then that the truth was worse than that,"here today,gone today",thats what reality is and not a days gone by for over thirty years that i havent thought about her and how she never missed anyones birthday gift,always made sure everyone else was fed first and how she use to shovel her own driveway when she was 80yrs old! She was born in 1902,born into a different world thats gone forever and they dont make em like that anymore,she still had a pioneer spirit within her and maybe i'll see her again,or at least know when im near her spirit...
edit on 15-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Star and Flag for a great opening post Blocula !!!

I'm just a little older than you and totally understand what you are saying.

My feet are on the ground and my head is in the clouds,thats where they were born and thats where they will always be...

Much like you, my parents, uncles and aunts that I loved, my grandparents that I cherished...all have gone into the greatest adventure of all. As we slowly make our way towards this bottleneck that we call death, we realize that the sentiments of those that have gone before us become ours little by little. We remember. We takes these sweet memories of their being into our lives as gifts, and we look forward to the day where we will be together once again. I know this is the way I feel.

I am lucky, I still have my sister that I love very much, two wonderful boys - in their twenties - that I consider my biggest accomplishment in this blink of an eye moment that we call life.

We are born alone, we die alone. Anything and everything in between is up to us.

Thank you for sharing !!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Not to be morose, but you are correct.

When you die your soul leaves your body and is transported to the astral realm, which is divine, don't ask me how I know this, although I would bet my 'life' on it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Today I had a relevation - and that was, enjoy and interact with your family.

When my mother was alive, she forced family events, so I became anti-family.

Today, we had a fabulous family lunch - and I realized that I loved my family, so I contacted the ones who were not there and told them I loved them - ok I went all mushy and slushy.

Treasure the ones you love.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Good on you, I find that helps....a lot, just be honest with people, let them know you love them.

2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I am usually very sparing with compliments and praise.
I hardly ever star and flag.
Touching the human soul thru words alone is a craft which takes a lifetime to master.
Touching MY cynical soul thru words alone is all but impossible.

Thanks for touching my soul.
It felt good.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
One of the most interesting/touching threads on ATS in my opinion.

I have always thought this way, how any day, any of your loved ones will be gone.

So you must love, and care for not only your Family, but your friends. They make you who you are today as a person. And no matter how difficult the situation, or how big of a mistake you made, in the end they will always be there to keep you on your feet and your head held high.

Live everyday like its your last on this, Amazing and Beautiful mother earth, for she is the giver of life to us all.

S+F Gchi-Miigwetch (Thanks) for the read.

Originally posted by Screwed
Thanks for touching my soul.
It felt good.

Agreed

edit on 16-12-2011 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The most profound and true phrase that humanity has ever created is "you dont know what you have until its gone" and in those nine words are many lifetimes of understanding and finding out things the hard way.It holds true for everything,especially for money and most of all,eachother...
edit on 16-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Originally i was thinking to use the word "dream" instead of the word "nightmare" in this threads headline,but the more i thought about it,nightmare seems better fitting,considering that for the majority of people in this world,like most of the people in china,india and africa,this life is a nightmare of constant hunger and disease and that everyone one of us has to experience nightmarish situations again and again,like the death of someone we love,finding out someone has cancer,just two of many examples...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thanx for your kind words,i'm an empath i guess.I hold back welling tears everytime is think about and replay in my mind,images of my two daughters from when they were little kids,running in the sunshine,playing at the park and eating their favorite cereal,but they are happy tears,not sad tears,because they sill love me here and now...

I dont know whether to laugh,scream at the sky,or just cry about the sad and sorry state most of the world finds itself in here and now,whos sufferings are too numerous to even bother mentioning,because it does not have to be that way,the greed and the war mentality of the few,desolate and ruin the many and most of all the anguish would vanish and be transformed into happiness within a very short time,if everyone of us would only see beyond ourselves and express empathy and compassion for eachother,its really very easy to do...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Most of my opening statement flowed out of me in one continuous stream of thought,not to mention the 5 or 6 times i usually end up having to go back to correct spelling and other mistakes...anyways,thanx for your kind and considerate words...and dont forget...for some reason..."we dont know what we have until they are gone"

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Perhaps beyond the realms of death,we get what we believe,if someone thinks that theres nothing after death, then thats what they'll get,nothing,i dont know.But i do believe that If humanity never learns how to build emotional bridges to span the bottomless void of class seperation,if humanity never realizes no one is better than anyone else,if humanity never understands that fear and hate must be replaced with loving expressions of compassion and empathy,the great equalizer death,will unveil a truth thats waiting to reveal itself to us all and those that live to hate and those that live to love,may have very different truths they'll be forced to face and have no choice but to accept and possibly made to live with forever within other realities waiting somewhere beyond the grave...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sometimes i think that if we die while dreaming,we will re-awaken within what ever dream we were dreaming at the time...

If we were bad people in life,having expressed only fear,pain and hate towards others and to ourselves and died in our sleep while dreamimg a hellish dream,we would re-awaken within that hellish dream and it would become our eternal life and our very real eternal hell...

If we were good people in life,having expressed only empathy,compassion and love towards others and to ourselves and died in our sleep while dreaming a heavenly dream,we would re-awaken within that heavenly dream and it would become our eternal life and our very real eternal heaven...

And in varying degrees,depending on how much fear,pain and hate,empathy,compassion and love we expressed towards others and to ourselves,determine what kind of hell or heaven we re-awaken within and decide the depths of hellish and heavenly situations we will have to endure within our eternal lives that await us all...

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
An embryo within its mothers womb,has no idea at all about the vastness of another world thats waiting just beyond its amniotic world,an embryo that has no understanding its about to be born into some other reality...

Even after our births,we are still embryos living within a universal womb and within our deaths we are born again into another reality thats waiting just beyond our comprehension...
edit on 26-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The veil is already lifted for those of us with inner eyes born open wide,people naturally gifted with psychic, telepathic,clairvoyant and telekinetic abilities,able to perceive in varying degrees the denizens of alternate realities existing all around us,hidden realms beyond our visible spectrum, perhaps the fourth dimension,where our souls travel within whenever we astral journey and remain there when death ascends us and there,may reside the real world,for we here and now may be ghosts that those of us already ascended are seeing...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Knowing all too well how short and temporary this earthly existence actually is...

Realizing that death is always only a moment away...

Everyone of us should be in a constant state of mourning for all the countless forgotten millions who suffered and died before us,should we not?

Everyone of us should always be preparing ourselves and our souls for the very real possibility of divine judgement and some kind of afterlife,should we not?

The vast majority of people are living for all the wrong reasons,are they not?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I remember when i was around 15yrs old and my great grandmother had just recently buried her daughter,it should have been the other way around,but for her,it wasnt and then soon after she lost her two sisters,one of which had fallen through the ice of a skating pond many years earlier when she was a little girl and my great grandmother had saved her and once those two were gone,she was all alone.She was around 90yrs old,standing in front of me one day when i was 15 and she said "michael,i'm next,i know i am" and i said "no your not gramma,i love you,i dont want you to go anywhere" and then she said "here today,gone tomorrow",two weeks later she was gone...

I never ever would have told her,but when she said to me "here today,gone tomorrow' i realized even back then that the truth was worse than that,"here today,gone today",thats what reality is and not a days gone by for over thirty years that i havent thought about her and how she never missed anyones birthday gift,always made sure everyone else was fed first and how she use to shovel her own driveway when she was 80yrs old! She was born in 1902,born into a different world thats gone forever and they dont make em like that anymore,she still had a pioneer spirit within her and maybe i'll see her again,or at least know when im near her spirit...
edit on 15-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Your story reminds me of one my father told me when I was quite young. I think it was back in the 1930's, long before I was born, and it was about an aunt or great-aunt of my father who was on her deathbed. My grandmother and another female relative were sitting up with her, and she asked, "What's that beautiful music?" They told her that there was no music playing, and she replied, "Oh, it's the angels..." She passed just then.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'm touched by your way of expressing life and death. We need more people like you in this world who can combine their beautiful essence in their writing to bring tears of happiness and a simple smile into someones life. Today you brought a smile into my life, my heart overflowed with joy as I continued reading your story. Simple things such as sharing ones point of view on life is the reason why I come back to ATS everyday to look for stories that can uplift me and really get me to see a different perspective, your perspective. I often think of life and death and I always have this feeling that when I die, everything will make sense and nothing will matter. It's like recollecting, remembering and rediscovering your true self; the moment when your higher self and your consciousness reunite again. Imagine that. Thank you, and much much love.
S&F

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join