It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Educating your kids: ideas, subject matter and all else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I did a search and did not find any other threads like this so here goes. People, we all have our own opinions about the education system in this country. Personally, I am about to pull both of my children and just home school them myself but that's not what this thread is about.

I am going to begin a home based education system based on current politics, world news and the agenda of the NWO. I have a 13 year old and a nine year old so I am writing out terminology that we use today, the definitions of common acronyms, and I am spelling everything out in terms I think a nine year old can understand. We are begging with FEMA tomorrow. I have a slew of video's which my kids will be watching and we will have an open, and honest, discussion about how FEMA failed the victim's of Hurricane Katrina and the FEMA death camps. I want my kids to know what's coming because knowledge is power.

So we start with FEMA tomorrow. I'd like to get in one good solid two-three hour lesson at least once a month. It's very time consuming to gather the video's and to type out all the information. I'd like to enlist the help of my fellow ATS members. We need to build a curriculum which ALL of us with children can use to teach our kids about the truth.

I'd like ideas on subject matter, video suggestions etc..... I know there are other members out there with kids so lets get cracking!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Knowledge is power indeed, but be careful not to "terrorize" your children. If you present the fact that our free society is in fact free range sheeple and do so without offering a concrete resolution, or solution, it may back fire on you.

What are YOU doing to make changes? What are YOU doing to ensure the survival of your family?

I am not criticizing! I believe you should go ahead and do what you think is best. I simply want to caution you to be prepared to answer questions that may stomp you. You do not want your children to feel that all is lost and be hopeless about their future.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Glargod because: oops missed words

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Oh absolutely! I get your and my GF was saying the same thing lol. She was like "Why do you want us all depressed?" My stance is that you shouldn't be depressed, you should make your voice heard. Take what action you can and know what is going on.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Start with something that will keep their attention and simple enough to understand. Something like this movie Animal Farm. Entertaining, educational, and can be used as a reference later on.

For example, one evening you're watching something unfold in the political realm and can't help but shout at the tv. When your kid(s) rushes in to see what's up, you can think of an scene from the movie an use it to explain what just happened and your feelings toward it.

"Remember when Napoleon said...this...but...did that?" or, how about "Major's speech that excited the entire animal population. The pigs coming together after Major's death, vowing to carry out his vision, Remember how the other farm animals were so determined and passionate?" Or, "When the work horse started out so happy and eager to put in all the hard work needed, for the common cause of animalism? And, how he worked and worked and worked, until the poor horse just couldn't work anymore?"

Get the book, The Children's Story. It's an easy read. I read it to my kids in one sitting. Then, we discussed the book in great length, while preparing dinner that evening.

Get each of them a pocket Constitution. A few organizations give them out for free We have people passing them out at our town's annual July 4th parade, I always try to grab a couple of new ones each year. Refer to it as often as you can. Anytime you see an opportunity to look up something, do it as a family (like a family game). Have the kids read a particular section aloud and come up with 3 examples or reasons it affects them and/or why they should care.

This is how I started. Well, I don't spend as much time on the Constitution as I'd like, but life does seem to get in the way. Thanks for reminding me. I have to get back to it, or I'd be a hypocrite.

top topics

join