It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Cheerleaders Worse Than The Regime.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I remember The Jerry Springer Show used to disgust me. Worse than the show exploiting the repulsive 'guests' in my opinion was the audience. The audience is what disgusted me the most. With their cliche comments, Their parrot like insight and advice. The audience were hyenas. The audience were evil and horrific when you think about it.

In alot of ways I think the U.S. government is like Jerry Springer and the audience is the Democrats and Republicans. OWS are the people that got disgusted,walked out and wrote a letter to the network demanding the show be taken off air. And most people arent watching.

I think the people that are still in the audience should be embarrassed and ashamed. The U.S. government is corrupt and broken. Democrats and Republicans wont fix it. If you are a democrat or republican it means you are a cheerleader for the regime. They are the both the same. To support one is to support the other. It is a duopoly.

An Independant or Third Party must win the 2012 elections.
The duopoly should be cancelled.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
I remember The Jerry Springer Show used to disgust me. Worse than the show exploiting the repulsive 'guests' in my opinion was the audience. The audience is what disgusted me the most. With their cliche comments, Their parrot like insight and advice. The audience were hyenas. The audience were evil and horrific when you think about it.

In alot of ways I think the U.S. government is like Jerry Springer and the audience is the Democrats and Republicans. OWS are the people that got disgusted,walked out and wrote a letter to the network demanding the show be taken off air. And most people arent watching.

I think the people that are still in the audience should be embarrassed and ashamed. The U.S. government is corrupt and broken. Democrats and Republicans wont fix it. If you are a democrat or republican it means you are a cheerleader for the regime. They are the both the same. To support one is to support the other. It is a duopoly.

An Independant or Third Party must win the 2012 elections.
The duopoly should be cancelled.

Agreed...and its now posted to my Facebook page. You'll get readers on this, but, they probably won't comment. Hopefully, more people here on ATS take a looksey...

My contribution to this thread. Although it singles Obama out, it also speaks briefly on Ron Paul and the 2-party system.
evolvedministry.wordpress.com...

Eternal LOVE...17.7777777(infinity)
edit on 13-12-2011 by Destiny777 because: to add

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Awesome post!

As a non American I must admit I find great humor in a lot of their political ideologies. And how they parrot what they hear when they give advice...Priceless! You did an awesome job of explaining it

Prepare for those cheerleaders you mentioned to barge in here and bash OWS and find a way to plead the innocence of their prized political party.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

Hey,thanks for the props

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Text Prepare for those cheerleaders you mentioned to barge in here and bash OWS and find a way to plead the innocence of their prized political party.

Ha! Before they get here I should say that I know there needs to be other options. There is a great site called americans elect www.americanselect.org...

It sound like something worth supporting.

Americans Elect is a nonpartisan nonprofit whose only mission is to let the American people directly nominate their choice for president.
ANY REGISTERED VOTER can sign up and become a delegate. And you can still vote in your party's primary.
A NONPARTISAN TICKET on the 2012 ballot. Americans Elect finalists must choose a VP from a party other than their own.
AN EQUAL VOTE for every voter—no matter what party you belong to or the date of your state's primary.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
In many ways this is true of many countries.

However, there is also a thing called "too many parties to choose from".

Our former government consisted of several different parties from the right wing. And the sad - almost catastrophic - thing was that in order to keep their power they went to bed with our most extreme right party. In the end the extremist party was the deciding factor in too many critical bills. So we became known as a country that supports radicalism and racism.

Two parties is too few and 12 are too many. Seems to me that the balance will lie somewhere around 5.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I wish us Canadians had a worthwhile political party to rally around and vote for. All we ever have to choose from are complete fools, and the worse thing is, we keep electing the biggest fool each time. It shows how "informed" a lot of Canadians are.

We just did the equivalent of voting George W Bush twice with our current leader.

And Canadians used to call Americans stupid

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
We just did the equivalent of voting George W Bush twice with our current leader.

The queen of England is your head of state... and you don't get to vote for her.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good point OP. I guess the big question is: What do American's really want their government to be? Its easy enough to say we need a new third party. What would the core values of this third party be?

Maybe "we" have exactly what "we" want. We certainly have what we deserve.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yeah,for sure Im not American. I have an interest because America is still the superpower.It controls the most advanced military and it holds the reserve currency. The U.S. elections effect us all. It is an imperial empire and we all live in it. I am angered when I see neocons bashing OWS. OWS can see that to support the regime is futile. I think the idea of direct democracy and consensus politics is the way to go. Politicians tie things up and make our votes worthless. We all should have an interest in the 2012 elections wether we are imperial citizens or not.

Whatever is decided it needs to be something that gives the people more power.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Boy, would you make Paul Krugman and other left-wing ideologues proud.

Direct Democracy would be a complete and utter disaster. There is a reason our Founders created a system of checks and balances, where majority rule is not the rule, and where the minority still has a say. Our Founders never envisioned radical policy being shoved down the throats of the American people (whether it be banning homosexual marriage, limiting birth-control, introducing radical climate-change legislation, repealing the 2nd Amendment, etc.) because, as history shows, un-hampered majority rule does not work out for everyone. The minority political party (and the minority that elects them) has the ability to hinder and filibuster the agenda of the majority--we should be thankful for this.

Why is this a good thing, you ask? Well, for starters, it prevents the majority political party from running wild and obtaining absolute power. It also prevents the minority from being subjected to the whims of the majority, citizens and politicians alike. Didn't a wise man once say "absolute power corrupts absolutely"?

If anything, OWSers, Tea Partiers, and citizens in general should be crying out for more checks on power, more debate before moving forward, and we must demand that Washington become more judicious, not less. Introducing direct democracy will usher in a bleak era of "majority rules," one that may tear apart the very fabric of American ideals that such desperate measures would aim to protect.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

One reason I believe that this topic is so confusing, especially to non Americans, is due to the fact that the US actually has two governments.

First, we have the duly constituted government established by the Constitution. Americans and Non Americans need to read the Constitution to understand where we came from, where we are, and where we are going. It is not a bunch of legal myths passed along by word of mouth. It is a written document; a legally binding contract whose words and intent are clear. It is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizens protection against the government. It reeks with sedition. In every clause it shakes its fist in the face of authoritarianism. It outlines how We The People are the rightful master of both congress and the courts and gives The People the power and the duty to overthrow those who pervert the Constitution.

Second, we have the independent and uncontrolled government which operates the money powers which are specifically reserved to Congress by the Constitution. This includes the political class that runs Washington, the economic class that owns Wall Street and the cultural class that owns the media.

To even begin to prescribe solutions to the problems at hand, we must first realize that we've fallen prey to the "second government" of charlatans, quacks, and hustlers. This "second government" has no legal standing under the Constitution. The second government is despotism.

The formula to save America is established in the Constitution: Freedom, limited government, and a foreign policy of non-intervention.

I shall exert every faculty I possess in aiding to prevent the Constitution from being nullified, destroyed, or impaired; and even though I should see it fail, I will still, with a voice feeble, perhaps, but earnest as ever issued from human lips, and with extinguish, call on the people to come to its rescue. – Daniel Webster

edit on 13-12-2011 by METACOMET because: qt

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Theovermensh theovermensch, he's our man! If he cant do it, nobody can! Three cheers for theovermensch! Hiphip hooray! Hiphip Hooray!! HIPHIP HOORAY!!!

My girlfriend used to be captain of her cheer squad. I should have her make you a cheer, because I agree wholeheartedly!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
not one pic i can look at ?
shame on you sir

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopmakingsense
not one pic i can look at ?
shame on you sir

Ha!
Im sorry. I shouldnt put the word cheerleader in the title and not have pics of cheerleaders.

Feel free to add some.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Pretty ironic coming from a teenaged Aussie-I love how people who don't even live in the U.S. somehow feel they magically "know" how we should run our country- move here,live here-then you can have your say-until then....

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Pretty ironic coming from a teenaged Aussie-I love how people who don't even live in the U.S. somehow feel they magically "know" how we should run our country- move here,live here-then you can have your say-until then....

Ha! I am no teenager.

I know you tend not to read things but please read my above post.

America effects us all. Wether you are an imperial citizen or not. America is the centre of the death star. Real change has to happen there. And people naround the globe need to start blaming people like you just as much,if not more than the US government. Stop being a cheerleader. We all should have a say until you stop running your empire through imperialism. Again,stop cheerleading.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

considering that you are teenager you give excellent advice

Far more mature than your generation

Keep it up

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Wether you are an imperial citizen or not. America is the centre of the death star.

god this analogy just kills me...
when it's put like that, I feel like i'm left with no other options but to act.
and right this moment. yet I don't. and I can't, as much as I know we all should.

I made a thread called "At what point does modern America cease to be a Constitutional Republic and become an Empire?"

you replied we are part of the global imperial empire.
I'm glad we were thinking the same thing in seeing the paralells between the two.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Wether you are an imperial citizen or not. America is the centre of the death star.

god this analogy just kills me...
when it's put like that, I feel like i'm left with no other options but to act.
and right this moment. yet I don't. and I can't, as much as I know we all should.

I made a thread called "At what point does modern America cease to be a Constitutional Republic and become an Empire?"

you replied we are part of the global imperial empire.
I'm glad we were thinking the same thing in seeing the paralells between the two.

Yeah,I agree. The elites already have a global economy that we all have to live in. The next step is lose of sovereignty. I have always worried about American politics. Even as a kid. The empire touches the lives of us all, even those that are not imperial citizens.

I think you can the model for the rest of us happening in Greece. We will all be openly run by bankers. They will tell us what we can vote for. They will use the comimg econimic crisis to lock the public in to the empire. They will buy all the public assets and we will be beholden to the corporatists for good.

And I agree. Im glad some can see the Empire. Its comforting. Most people seem blind.
edit on 14-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join