It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart yells out RON PAUL 2012

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I saw this last night on the daily show and it gave me a chuckle.

edit on 13-12-2011 by daniel5383 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

He was doing a satire of us when he threw both arms in the air and yelled ron paul 2012 but I don't mind. It is an accurate depiction of me lol.

And by us I mean paulbots, paulaholics, paulfanatics, paulistas or whatever you want to label us.

It was a great segment though, leave it up to the comedians to tell the cold hard truth.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Oh I didn't know that lol...I thought because I have seen him support Ron Paul earlier, that he was just throwing a plug out there...I should have known better coming from a comedian...Nonetheless, its a good clip and I am glad that SOMEONE from tv actually likes Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I get how someone might think he is satirizing Ron Paul supporters because of the fact that he throws up both hands like that....but as another poster mentioned, I've seen Jon Stewart support Ron.

Heck, he gave BIG ups to Ron by being one of the first to point out that Ron was being ignored by the media. Stewart doesn't seem to "be behind" any of the other GOP candidates..I would assume that Stewart is, generally, a Ron Paul fan.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Haha that was great, especially that last bit. Star for you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

He's a guy that has common sense and acknowledges a wise and honorable man when he sees one. There is respect and acknowledgement even with disagreement (which Jon has for Ron) and there is vile treatment and lies (MSM).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Didn't catch the Daily Show but Colbert did the same thing on his show. Tried to find a video of it but came up unsuccessful. He made a reference to the wikipedia website for the term "anchor baby", showed the website, and then said that at the bottom of the page it says Ron Paul 2012 Ron Paul 2012 Ron Paul 2012. I see an open endorsement from one of these two entertainers going in Ron Paul's favor.
edit on 13-12-2011 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just imagine 4 years of Ron Paul as president and then elect Rand Paul for 8 more years.......

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think they are seeing the direction the country will take if Gingrich gets elected. I think it scares them. I even overheard Glenn Beck practically praying on his radio show today for Dr. Paul to be elected over Gingrich and I have hardly ever heard Beck speak positively towards Paul before. I believe that they all thought Gingrich was just up there for decoration

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You know at first I was frustrated by the lack of coverage RP was getting in the news but in a way I almost think it has backfired a bit. Not only was there networks like Comedy Central, FOX, and CNBC that brought to light the question on weither or not RP was getting fair coverage, many actually agreed in some way that "yes, this is unfair." So those that watched during that time seen that and then seen the media continue to blatantly blackout RP so i think even in the minds of some of those less awakened to whats going that brought individual attention to RP. Because then people ask why this is going on and hopefully read his material and listen to his plans for the country.
Now maybe its cause I watch alot of news but the blackout became so blatant at one point it was comical to me. So I could imagine others wondering why they are not talking about this guy. But now I watch him getting more coverage and even Karl Rove saying he may win the Iowa caucuses, and in the same breath saying Iowa is isolated and unimportant. Its a viscious cycle I suppose...

new topics

top topics

join