It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive police sting leads to arrests across Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Massive police sting leads to arrests across Canada

www.cp24.com

Toronto police said more than 900 police officers, including 400 heavily-armed tactical officers, were involved in simultaneous raids in Toronto, London, Hamilton, Durham, York and Peel regions, Windsor, Ottawa, Calgary and Surrey, B.C.

In all, police executed 67 search warrants as part of a sting dubbed Project Marvel, which targeted organized crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ca.news.yahoo.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
WOW! That is a pretty massive operation, considering it spanned across Canada. The police are scheduled to give more details on Project Marvel at 3pm in Toronto today.

Charges against the suspects include attempted murder, firearms trafficking/importation, drug trafficking, robbery, shooting offences and prostitution offences

There's an estimated 20 agencies involved in this, including U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The conspiracy nut in me is wondering if this new border partnership we have with the US has helped facilitate this, or is the timing just coincidental? I haven't delved deep enough into it to make any link, but I do find it suspicious.

Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas.

www.cp24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here's a bit more information . . . .

It appears the bulk of the southern Ontario raids took place in North York and Scarborough

Source for above

““Right now 23 Division is a pretty busy place with police vehicles both marked and unmarked ferrying in suspects here for processing,” Butler reported.

“We don’t know what these people are suspected of. The booking inside, I am told, is fast and furious. In fact, that’s one of the reasons we don’t know what these people are suspected of. Police say they’re too busy processing the suspects to give us any idea of what’s happening,” said Butler

Source for above

Going to be interesting to see the charges.

In reading, seems the focus is on Toronto, but they've carried out raids and made arrests in Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurry . . . oil sands territory . . . kinda the wild west of Canada so to speak where it's somewhat rough and tumble.

At Fort Mac . . . many of the workers are flown in from all over the country for three weeks on, three weeks off kinda work so you can just imagine what goes on out there. I've got nothing but word-of-mouth from those who've worked out there but even that's enough to raise an eyebrow or two.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Aww gees and hear I thought they had raided the legislatures and cleaned out all the dirty politicians.

Sounds like quite the sting.
Ditto on Fort Mac, Goalposter
edit on 13-12-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: wrong poster ref

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My guess is bikers growing pot and cooking meth.

Some pretty big grow operations in Canada. Harder to pinpoint them because unlike the U.S. most of the rural areas rely on local generators for power.

In the U.S. the DEA looks at electric bills to find the grow ops.

top topics

join