It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Unearths "Secret" Drone Base in Nevada-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
rt.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Sorry bout that folks
So a secret base uncovered in nevada? I guess they have to have bases somewhere, but why let this info get out? This base should be more heavilly guarded than area 51! Even the russians admid this is a risk to our national security.

From the article:

­Aviation website Flight Global found the Yucca Lake airfield image on Google Earth. The images allowed Flight Global to write a detailed description of site, claiming a 5,200 foot (1,580 meter) asphalt runway, with MQ-1 Predator or MQ-9 Reaper Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) – also known as drones – being towed on the parking ramp. The image also shows four hangars, a parking lot and a security perimeter. Tim Brown, an imagery analyst with Globalsecurity.org, said that the hangars could accommodate up to 10-15 MQ-9 Reaper aircraft. Flight Global estimates that the base can accommodate approximately 80 employees plus some specialized drone maintenance facilities

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12/12/11 by argentus because: added external source tags & mod note

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I was going to say that this was the first time that I have seen you speechless.

On topic, my first question was, Are they already spying on us from these drones and we just dont know it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
From the article:­Aviation website Flight Global found the Yucca Lake airfield image...

So... this is a writeup describing the actual article at the flightglobal website.
Thus, I go to the flightglobal website to read it, find it, but it seems to have been taken down.

HERE is the link to the article at flightglobal that is no longer there.

Edit - found another link to a flightglobal story that may in fact be the exact same story...
flightglobal

edit on 12-12-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Try this one.
www.flightglobal.com...

Posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join