It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Medicine Really Hurts Ron Paul's Chances.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If it weren't for the elderly, say, 70+ years old, I believe Ron Paul would win this presidency. If you look at all the college elections accross the nation who have Ron Paul winning, it's obvious who the majority of the young people support. Elderly sit in front of the TV and get seduced by Romney, the vast majority of elderly don't do any research.

Agree?
edit on 12-12-2011 by capone1 because: title edit

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

What does this have to do with modern medicine?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

The OP is insinuating that modern medicine allows people to live longer, therefore there are more elderly people around who, according to the OP, are brain-dead zombies and less likely to vote for Ron Paul.

How old is Ron Paul again?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How old is the OP? The young blame the old and the old blame the young. It's the circle of life.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't know if it is modern medicine so much as the fact that people over 50 generally rely on mainstream media. Their local newspaper, magazines like Newsweek and Time, and television news. Ron Paul is treated as a joke in those corporate owned entities. You pretty much need to look at him in his own words without being heavily edited, twisted, and skewed by media gatekeepers. Older folks never see the unedited content and believe the propagnda

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I disagree. I think the elderly ladies are looking at RP and thinking he is a good looking silver fox and may be inclined to vote for him.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've personally talked to seniors (even disabled and on welfare) who think Paul is the only one who can get this country in the right direction. Not to mention another ATS member just mentioned his 75 year old dad likes Ron Paul after seeing him on the ABC national debate.

Here are the reasons why I think Ron will get a boost in national figures soon:
The ABC debate was the most viewed nationally televised debate thus far over 7 million viewers tuned in.
Ron Paul received the most applause
Ron garnered positive remarks from two of his competitors
Ron even garnered positive remarks from green room 'Iowa' political commentators.

Everybody in Iowa knows who is the leader in that state, even the Governor of the state knows.

Proof positive:

new topics

top topics

join