It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US drones helping local police agencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It seems that drones are being used in the U.S. for "helping" local police agencies.

Predator drones are being used in domestic law enforcement cases, raising concerns that the aircraft are being deployed beyond the missions that Congress originally authorized them for, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

Source

Did a search, didn't find this specific story...just old ones leading up to this...haha.

I always thought a lot of my American neighbors were being more paranoid than not. Makes you wonder. That said...being ex law enforcement, I understand the need for better tools.

People don't want to get tazed...
shot,
beaten..

or spied on...

As a tool, for the specific use on the stand off...great...
But how many times will that excuse be used to not be used in an actual crime.

I must be in conspiracy mode today.

Good luck, U.S.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
These drones are getting out of control. Just last week one of them comitted a massacre in Afghanistan.

This has to stop!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

We need tools, to keep the "bad guys" at bay...that is for sure.

Sadly, it seems the definition of "bad guys" is incredibly muddied.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been saying that drones are bad ju-ju. You unleash an impersonal death machine, one that's becoming known for it's collateral damage expertise, on the world and I wonder what kind of "blowback" we can expect for that kind of behavior?

And, as you've pointed out here...we, the people, will be under the Drone's "protection" too. Joy.

These things are diabolical. Literally. Hi-tech robotic death created in the blood-stoked cauldron of the Profiteering Wizards of the Military Industrial Complex. Bad blood.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

These things are diabolical. Literally. Hi-tech robotic death created in the blood-stoked cauldron of the Profiteering Wizards of the Military Industrial Complex. Bad blood.

At this point, the only thing left is to make them sentient.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wonder if they fly into Canada as well..haha.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If ONE "drone" drops a bomb on an American house or group of "drug-dealers"... I can confidently say that's the breaking point and U.S citizens would storm the White-House.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I would think so. Or at least hope so.

All those crazy conspiracies about Fema camps, crumbling economy, etc..winding down to the NWO with drones patrolling, etc...seems to be all falling into place. And of course the troops coming home. Need troops to effect "the cause".

...well if one believed these theories, anyways.

Well fellow Canuck, makes me feel a lot better about where I live. It aint perfect, but it aint bad. haha.

new topics

top topics

join