It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Security Essentials alerted me to a pair of "severe" worms when coming to the front page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This happened just a minute ago. This is the information on the threats:

Exploit:JS/Blacole.A (?)

Encyclopedia entry
Updated: Aug 01, 2011 | Published: Jul 14, 2011

Aliases

JS/Redir.AQ (Command) Trojan-Clicker.JS.Iframe.cz (Kaspersky)
JS/Redirector.BR (Norman)
JS/iFrame.ktv (Avira)
JS.Click.64 (Dr.Web)
Trojan-Clicker.JS.Iframe (Ikarus)
JS/Obfuscated.c (McAfee)
Hack.Exploit.Script.JS.Iframe.ad (Rising AV)
Trojan.Webkit!html (Symantec)
JS_ONLOAD.SMU (Trend Micro)

Alert Level (?)
Severe

www.microsoft.com...

Exploit:Java/Blacole.CE (?)

Encyclopedia entry
Published: Dec 10, 2011

Aliases
Not available

Alert Level (?)
Severe

www.microsoft.com...

It's possible (likely?) that this was already present on my system, but the warning took place precisely as I hit Enter and loaded the AboveTopSecret.com page, and I scan regularly and never had this before. Just posting it here for information purposes, in the event anyone else encounters this issue. Figured I should let you know just in case it somehow was related to ATS. Better safe than sorry and all that.

edit on 12/10/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Shut down and reboot in safe mode with networking, then google for "microsoft antispyware virus."

It's going around and I think I got it from an add here as well.

M.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh, I removed it. This was just an FYI for others just in case, and in case the ATS staff needed to be made aware.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Shut down and reboot in safe mode with networking, then google for "microsoft antispyware virus."

It's going around and I think I got it from an add here as well.

M.

I got that last week and I think it came from clicking on a link in a post--not from ATS. I did a system restore back 2 days and haven't had any problems. .

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Install Linux and then simply install windows ontop and your about half way to heaven

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Last night, through Microsoft Security Essentials, a new program called Vista Internet Security 2012 hijacked my browser. For those of you unaware, it is a rogue program. I could not uninstall it or even open my browser to find out how to remove it. I was still connected to the internet but a friend had to send me another virus removal program as a file through messenger. I spent all evening removing it.

I could not even remove Microsoft Security Essentials, it was so frustrating. But today, it is working well.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

lol,its funny but i got 3 of them this week...i wonder why all of the sudden is this happening.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I lost a whole computer to a virus I got from a picture on this site. It was a "ghost" pic in the Intro forum. That cost me about $800 to replace my laptop

new topics

top topics

join