It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Florida has a good Senate candidate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I was reading about the 2012 United States Senate election here in Florida. Bill Nelson is one of those establishment politicians that I really cannot stand so when I was researching the Republican leading in the polls it actually surprised me how great this guy is. His name is Connie Mack IV from Florida’s 14th United States Congressional District representing Naples and Fort Myers.

Mack was the original co-sponsor of the balanced budget constitutional amendment, an outspoken opponent of all federal bailouts, supports congressional oversight of government surveillance, voted against George W. Bush’s domestic eavesdropping program in 2006 and the FISA reform, is an outspoken critic of Hugo Chavez and pan-Latin TV network teleSUR, member of Congressional Cuban Democracy Caucus, and is an outspoken defender of WikiLeaks.

A week after saying that the American public has “a right to know” the contents of the diplomatic documents released by the whistleblower website WikiLeaks, Rep. Connie Mack, R-Cape Coral, once again defended the site yesterday, and sharply criticized the federal government for intimidating citizens and businesses associated with WikiLeaks.

“The people are not really understanding what’s happening here,” Mack said in response to a question on the Fox Business program Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano. “The fear should be: What will our federal government do to try to punish American citizens and corporations if those citizens or corporations do something that the government doesn’t like? It doesn’t make sense.”

“The idea that we’re focusing on WikiLeaks and not focusing on what the federal government is trying to do, it’s a head fake,” Mack also said, comparing government outrage over the leak to the PATRIOT Act and the warrantless wiretapping of Americans’ phones.

Mack is currently ahead in the Republican Primary for Senate:
Connie Mack IV – 40%
George LeMieux – 12%
Mike McAlister – 4%
Adam Hasner – 3%
Craig Miller – 3%
Other/Undecided – 38%

But unfortunately he is trailing Senator Bill Nelson for Senate:
Bill Nelson (D) – 46%
Connie Mack IV (R) – 35%
Undecided – 19%

Finally we have a good candidate for Senate that actually believes in privacy, exposing government lies, not bailing out big banks, and supports limited government.

join