It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Want Change! [WTB]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
People are always talking about how they want change in the world.

The problem is that relatively few people actually take the steps to affect the change they want to see.

Everyone is waiting for somebody else to do it.

There are no politicians who will demand all the changes on your agenda. There are no spiritual leaders who have "all the answers". There are no movements that will bring about a grand, sweeping era of enlightenment and growth for all humanity.

Let's face it. This “us vs. them” mentality is getting old. It doesn't work. It hasn't worked. It won't work.

Why? Because you are pitting yourselves against others who, in turn, pit themselves against you! Do you realize that you yourself are on the same side as “them”? That you have a common goal – separatism – and that you have the same negative beliefs about “them” as they have about “you”?

Come on, friends, if you wear two left shoes you will always have at least one aching foot.

So what, you ask, is the solution?

Teamwork.

That's right, folks, I said it! T-E-A-M-W-O-R-K.

If each of us, collectively, does our part to change the world, it will [not so] mystically and magically change for the better.

"But Ottobot!", you say, "The world is not fair! The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer! I'm poor, I NEED more money! I NEED more phat lootz! I NEED things to change!"

"No!" I say, "What you NEED is understanding!"

If you want change, you must first gain knowledge about both sides of the issue. You may not agree, but at least you will understand what "the other half" is thinking. If both sides did this, we could (at least) be on the same page instead of in two separate books in two separate libraries.

When you have knowledge, you can advocate for understanding.

When you speak out for understanding in a peaceful and respectful manner, you plant the seeds for change.

You can’t change your situation as long as you are blaming your problems on everybody else. The simple fact is: You cannot change anybody else. But, you can always change yourself.

And, in changing yourself, you are changing the world.

So, by all means… CHANGE.

I will too.
edit on 12/10/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

new topics

join