It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large protests planned in Russia for tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Occupy Putin!

Putin Accused --- Large Protests on Saturday?

With over 35,000 people pledging to assemble at 2pm in Moscow alone, and similar demonstrations planned in nearly 130 cities across Russia, today looks set to see an escalation of the post-election protests seen earlier in the week. Initial anger at the results --- which saw United Russia keep its parliamentary majority, whilst dropping from 64 to 49 percent of the overall vote --- was triggered by accusations of fraud levelled at Putin and United Russia. Indeed, one exit poll put the total for United Russia as low as 27.5 percent.

Some Russian groups online, coupled with several Western commentators, are labeling this the “White” or “Snow” Revolution. Protesters on Saturday are being encouraged to bring white ribbons, balloons and flowers to the demonstrations. Many online activists have changed their avatars to include a white ribbon symbol.

Could be real ugly if it escalates and Putin finds some ``proof`` that this is being funded/hyped by western funded NGOs.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Those Russians get more riled up than up us Americans!

Good for them.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
While I applaud what the Russians for actions my deepest concern is another Bolshevik takeover

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Are people happy with their government anywhere in the world?...Instead of telling us the places where there are protest or civil unrest, maybe they should just tell us where there isn't...It would be easier to keep track of.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Putin did have strong ties with the KGB and the Russian Mob. Maybe they know more of the truth over there than we could only imagine. Their first hand experiance trumps anything Ive ever read in an american paper or news site.

I say, it's about time that leaders world wide get shown up for what they're really about. But, what's scary about it is... What if it's supposed to be this way.

I'm probably the most realistic person I know... yet, something just doesnt sit right about this.

I agree that Russia could blame US propiganda on this, yet they're tryin to work together to prevent dirty nukes and tighten security on their weapons, while at the same time poking at one another's chest saying each will do what they want to in whatever country, close to verbal blows.

I can also almost bet that someone will say mosad has everything to do with this. I doubt it, but still... who knows.

This show is far more interesting, and far more scary than any movie I have ever watched. It's almost like a well written book. It's almost funny just how scary all of this can be while the dots connect before our very eyes in so many ways. Never thought Id see russians standing up to Putin though.. I thought he was a savior there.

top topics

join