It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hi guys, Sartori here. Have been lurking for a few months now so thought I'd take the plunge and join.

Am a long time follower of the skeptical movement and a big fan of the Skeptics Guide To The Universe and Skeptoid podcasts.
I love a good consipracy theory, and enjoy stretching my mental legs to try and argue for or against them.

So yeah, this is me and my obligatory first post!

Sartori

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Welcome. What topics are you most skeptical of besides e.t.'s

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Welcome Satori,

Grab some popcorn, pull up a chair and enjoy the ride!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The secret of ATS has always carried with it a mystery.
You must learn its riddle. You must learn its discipline.
For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

baba booey!
edit on 9-12-2011 by spaceg0at because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sartori

Welcome to ATS Sartori!

Hope you enjoy your time here. Cya around..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Why did you assume I was skeptical about E.T's? I am a firm believer of aliens, though I personally think that maths is your greatest ally and enemy on this subject. On the one hand bearing in mind the scale of the universe, the chances of there NOT being life out there is ridiculously slim. Space is just too big and life is just too diverse for us to be unique. On the other hand because the universe is so mahoosive both in scale and age, the chances of someone being close enough to make the journey, whilst at the same time being of the right level of technological maturity AT THE SAME TIME as we've been around is also fairly small.
Not to mention the fact that if someone were to make the epic voyage across the interstellar gulf, why would they get here and do nothing but doodle in some crops and buzz the yockles?
Don't get me wrong, First Contact is the top of my list of things to see before I die, I just feel that if/when it happens EVERYONE is gonna know about it!

Sartori

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi Satori, why did you choose your avatar name?

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Originally it was after a character Maestro Sartori in the book Imajica by Clive Barker which I love, but after that I got to appreciate the Italian translation of Tailor as in the book he was a magic wielder and I enjoyed the concept of weaving magic.
Hope that makes sense!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey Welcome Aboard!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sartori

Actually I never assumed your belief or disbelief in the subject, rather i was avoiding the subject to get to more meaningful discussion.

new topics

top topics

join