It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear? Panic? Anxiety? The cure is not a BOB.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for a good doomsday thread.

Look on the front page now and you'll probably see at least one or more.

EMPs are going to kill the US! Economic Armageddon! The Military is going to shoot you in your own home!

All good reads, some even plausible.

The thing I can't stand is the inevitable Interwebs Rambo that has to list, in precise detail, the exact contents of their Bug Out Bag (BOB to those on a first name basis) and how that bag is going to help them survive.

Along the same lines are the Bug In Farm, Bug In House, Bug Out Truck, etc.

Am I alone in this? The ENTIRE country is dying from some kind plague and you're winning the game by having duct tape and a gun?

/rant

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So I suppose you don't even have a Fire extinguisher in your house?
How about any type of insurance?

I'd rather have some chance of winning than be caught with my pants down.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

I guess I'm more against the people that MUST post how they are going to survive any and all situations because they've got 10 guns and water purification pellets.

I, personally, do have a SHTF supply, but it's more like a natural disaster supply rather than zombie invasion.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Thats good. It doesn't hurt to have a little something for zombies too though
... wether it be a burglar or a herd of walking dead.

I think its good that people list their BOB contents to help others since some people don't know where to start or just don't have too much common sense from drinking too much city water.

edit on 8-12-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

OK. We'll go with benefit of the doubt on why they list the contents. I always considered it bravado before, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
IMO, they list the contents both to get a critique and to provide food for thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The history of mankind is littered with collapsed societies going extinct. What ignorance’s must a person have to believe it could never happen now. Is it because you think we are smarter than are forefathers and those that lived through a collapsed society. I would beg to differ. We stand on the shoulders of our forefathers.

If you take a page from the history book, you can draw a parallel line with what’s happening now and what happened to Rome. And what’s happening now in our world economy is basic math. The numbers don’t add up and all point to collapse.

edit on 8-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I have my guns for a reason as well as my BOB's.
I will survive not by being the better rambo but by being just better, see the only gun I really want to shoot during a shtf is my pellet gun.
Squirrels ftw.
Duct tape is just awesome.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm sure the females are getting a kick out of this thread. "Bob" is a common acronym for a battery operated boyfriend.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think I've touched on a nerve.

I'm not saying that there isn't some form of collapse happening or going to happen. I love those threads.

I just don't see the point about listing the contents of a duffel bag as adding to the conversation.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
I think I've touched on a nerve.

I'm not saying that there isn't some form of collapse happening or going to happen. I love those threads.

I just don't see the point about listing the contents of a duffel bag as adding to the conversation.

gotch ya,

I guess those kinds of convos are for the noobs who dont know what a BOB is. one persons BOB is defferent then the other depending on ones needs.

top topics

join