It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
edit: never mind this thread.

One thing all of here agree on, is ATS is a great place.

The fact we don't all agree and get many contrasting view points is what makes ATS great.

Another issue most of us agree on is too few people are informed. To few people participate in regular political discourse. ATS is a good place to do just that, get people together to discuss the issues, with all voices heard.

I have an idea to actually help change the problem of ignorance, maybe only in a small way, but at least help get others get educated and start reading more. Reading = Good!

I know it is against the rules to recruit people into our own groups etc, but I am sure promotion of ATS itself, by ATS members, in an open fashion, is something that would be deemed acceptable.

On YouTube, there is the "thumbs" up feature for comments, if a comment gets enough "thumbs up", it remains at the top the comments for the video, eventually it goes away and new comments replace it.

With a small group of people working together, even just 5-10 people, it is VERY easy to get a desired comment to the top of a listing. For example, I did this with Ron Paul comments on the Herman Cain Libya video and probably got 100K people (based on the views which were updated the next day) to see it in the hours I had it up because the video was going viral. The cool thing is, that was right when it was put online, so maybe Herman Cain himself, and more possibly at least his staff, saw it.

Right now for example, the YouTube video "Anonymous - Message to the American People" is going viral and is getting 10-20 comments per minute, which means hundreds of people are watching the video per minute.

If we posted a non bias comment on the video like:

"Inform yourself with all sides of the issues on abovetopsecret . com"

And keep a comment like that on top, we could get easily 50,000 people to see it during prime hours with just a little bit of easy participation from our community. This would result in possibly thousands of new guests browsing the website and a decent number of new sign ups.

I say the more people reading, the more the merrier.

Many general youtubers, as you can tell if you see the comments on YouTube, don't really have any idea about the topics, which is a problem we all probably want to solve.

The best part is, ATS shows both sides of the issue discussed in that video and others, so helping promote the comment just means more people seeing your opinion on the issues here on ATS, whether you agree with the stance taken in the video or not.

The Anon video is just an example because it seems to be hot right now. Other good target videos would be ones like the Newt Ron Paul ad that went viral, the Herman Cain Libya gaff, the Rick Perry gaff, and Tram Lady(maybe not the best example, possibly too off topic), and others.

I say, if people want to do this with me, we can just post the videos in this thread that we want to do it on, and if enough people want to do it with the video you suggest, it will work.

Apparently lobbyist for special interests do this sort of thing on wikipedia and other places to spread their disinfo, I say we do the same to Deny Ignorance.

So, I'll start with suggesting that anon video - www.youtube.com...

On other videos that aren't getting as many views and comments, it is way easier to do. We can even do this on videos for big networks news YouTube channels and what not so maybe some of their people will check out what we have to say.

That fact is, we can get the attention of many people, including those in the media as well as politicians, to come here and read our opinions. Our voices can be heard, even in a small way.

edit on 7-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
*Shudder* YouTube commenters coming here in droves is a HORRIBLE idea. I also feel like that would get your account terminated for spamming but whatever.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

That fact is, we can get the attention of many people, including those in the media as well as politicians, to come here and read our opinions. Our voices can be heard, even in a small way.

Based on many of the political views I've read on ATS, I think it might do more harm than good for the site. 

Unless you're really thick skinned you won't debate long on ATS.

It would definitely draw attention though!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Its not against the rules at all. YT actually allows advertising even for monetary gain as long as you don't use automation that exceeds what a normal person can do, I know because I do online marketing.

I know there would be a lot of uniformed people coming in if we actually did this but that would be the point.

BUT, I also assumed that this idea would not be popular.

So, if anyone agrees with my idea, say it now, or else I'll give up on this thread and won't try this idea. I haven't tried doing this yet in regards to ATS, I was waiting for responses.

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by CREAM
Unless you're really thick skinned you won't debate long on ATS.

That I am.

No flags or stars, doesn't seem to be any interest, I guess I'll cancel. Just thought I'd through it out there.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yeah, bad idea.

You can't recruit, advertise, or do anything that would draw people to ATS. It's against the T&C. We have our own little world here, and the owners like it that way. People find their way here, one at a time, and I'll agree that works best.

I've tried before. It doesn't work.

Be happy that ATS is here for you to enjoy, and appreciate the members here. Don't worry about ATS getting publicity. We don't want TPTB breathing heavily in hot raspy voices in our ears. We like our current freedom.

We stay in our neighborhood, they stay in theirs. Agreed?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Yeah, bad idea.

You can't recruit, advertise, or do anything that would draw people to ATS. It's against the T&C. We have our own little world here, and the owners like it that way. People find their way here, one at a time, and I'll agree that works best.

I've tried before. It doesn't work.

Be happy that ATS is here for you to enjoy, and appreciate the members here. Don't worry about ATS getting publicity. We don't want TPTB breathing heavily in hot raspy voices in our ears. We like our current freedom.

We stay in our neighborhood, they stay in theirs. Agreed?

Yeah, screw it.

People, dont post in this thread anymore, let it die. K, thanks.

top topics

join