It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking down the 99%.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Imagine a room w/ 100 people. There is a total of $100 in this room. One person controls $42 of that $100. The other 99 people each control 58 cents. While this is just simple way of explaining it, there are enough of the 99% who now understand this discrepancy in wealth and resources and are now connected enough to change the system in a beneficial way for all.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by revswirl

Aw! I love your simplistic analogy!

To me, this about sums up the reality of the discussion. Overly simplistic yes, but adequate in function. S+F

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanx. The attempt was simplistic in nature yet I love the mathematical response.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by revswirl
One person controls $42 of that $100. The other 99 people each control 58 cents.

Star for the neat analogy.

However you seem to be saying that one person is in the wrong, or should have an equal share?

If you prefer communism, get to the point and advocate it, best not to beat around the bushes...
edit on 2011/12/7 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by revswirl
Imagine a room w/ 100 people. There is a total of $100 in this room. One person controls $42 of that $100. The other 99 people each control 58 cents. While this is just simple way of explaining it, there are enough of the 99% who now understand this discrepancy in wealth and resources and are now connected enough to change the system in a beneficial way for all.

If that one person earned it while the rest did nothing, then what is the problem?

top topics

join