It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Ron Paul Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

That was good.
ALL 58 states.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by TXTriker

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Blaine91555

I don't know if you can call me a Ron Paul supporter (yet), but I definitely would support him as a Libertarian or Independent, even if it meant he would lose.

I just have to ask - if you would support him as third party why not support him as a republican. Its obvious (to me anyway) that he is only running as a republican to be able to get air time (little as it has been).

The power of party identification. Same reason a Chevy guy would never buy a Ford. Stupid, assinine, prideful party identification.

Amen to that!

That leaves us however to ask ourselves if we can ignore the fact that so many vote Party Line. There is a light at the end of this tunnel as it appears that Independents are now the majority. What we need is this two party nonsense revamped. It won't happen though because those with the power to change it are married to their Party.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Glad to hear you stating this. Was not sure where you were headed in political terms. Once I heard Gingrich was in the game I new his experience would get him to the front of the line eventually. He is more experienced and seems to get across to most American's more so than Romney. I assumed from day one he would be the Republican nominee. I am not a fan of the man myself but in politics he is a bit of a Rock Star. he is a better choice than Romney or Obama though.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Thanks for the entertaining post.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
I just have to ask - if you would support him as third party why not support him as a republican.

Oh, I would. If I decide to vote for him. I'll vote for him. The question in the OP was if I would vote for him as a third party candidate... That's what I was answering. Sorry for the confusion.

I have never voted for a party. I see no reason to start now.

On Obama, I agree with the person who said that Obama is a known quantity. I know some think he's evil and dangerous, but I don't. Sure, he's as dangerous as ANYONE who would serve in that position in this day and age (with the possible exception of Ron Paul)... But he's not "Cheney dangerous" or "Bachmann dangerous". I'm not even sure Paul would be ABLE to do what he obviously would love to do, but he may just be our best bet...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I've been vigilant about watching all the Candidates whenever possible on any news forum. Mr. Paul has been on a great deal lately, so I've seen a lot of him.

On three recent occasions when asked, he would not rule out a third party run if he is not nominated. That troubles me and is what my question is about.

As a third party candidate it seems obvious to me that he would split the Conservative vote and guarantee an Obama win. Would you as Paul supporters approve of him doing that, knowing that it means Obama would win?

Obama will certainly end up with 48+% of the vote and the math simply does not work out for anyone but him to win if a third person pulls even a few percent of the vote. I doubt Mr. Paul will do that, but then he seems to not want to rule that out. I is so certain that Obama would win that it would almost make Paul and Obama supporter.

I'm going to answer the question Blaine. But you need to understand him on the third party issue. He's telling people like it is. He's 99.9999% sure he will not. This means he does not want to do it. He knows the risks involved and stands a much better chance winning if he runs as a Republican.

So if Paul runs third party guaranteeing a win for Obama, you support that? You want Obama to win?

I'm just being realistic here. We've seen this before with Ross Perot. It worked out as I fear this one would.

This is pure speculation. I do understand your concerns and why you would come to this conclusion, but Paul isn't Perot. Paul's strong grass-roots following could make the outcome very different.

Folks, You are so locked in Groupie mode, I don't think you are really responding to my question.

Yes they are responding Blaine...as will I. And you use the term groupie a bit too loosely with Paul supporters. I would agree with you if you were talking about Obama's supporters, but many of RP's supporters are very educated or at least understand his message. Yes, you do have the anti-establishment voters who think yelling, "End The Fed" is cool, but the majority are Fed Up, not only with Obama, but with government in general and want real change.

On the Forum on the Huckabee Program the other night he was all over the place. He used to be a good speaker, but these days he does not seem to be able to finish sentences or give complete responses. Left me wondering if there is an underlying health issue.

He did seem to have a brain-fart on the Amendment to the Constitution question I believe. That's probably the worst I've seen from him only because that's his baby. But he always tries hard to give his honest opinion and not the usual rhetoric and it shows he's also human. Also, take a look at his campaign site and his schedule in particular. He's working his tail off and I'm sure all the travel would wear anyone down.

I've personally not decided anything yet. Too early for that. I'd like to think I would vote according to what is best for the entire country, rather than risk Obama again. I know for a fact he is dangerous, negative and the most divisive President in my memory. To me getting rid of him is the most important thing facing us as voters.

Well, this just tells me you have made up your mind. You're voting anti-Obama...No Matter What!
Which pretty much means you'll be voting for a Republican...No Matter Who!
Because you've already given us your feelings on a third party vote!
So, none of this should really matter to you. Unless you really need to give yourself an excuse to back Paul?
Come on Blaine!! We know you're a closet Paul Groupie!

Gingrich has become interesting to me and his history if you look beyond his personal transgressions is a pretty good record. I think he would right a lot of the bad that has been done by the last two Presidents.

Oh really?
Did you read my thread from the other day?

abovetopsecret.com

Should check this out also...

abovetopsecret.com

I didn't get any good debate out of those threads. That's probably because it's hard to debate the truth.

Oh, and to answer your question...

Everyone else will just net the same results for the American People. So...we don't care!

Yes, we will vote for him no matter what!
edit on 12/6/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/6/2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I completely respect that. It is an interesting dilemma though. Is it wiser to go for the lesser of evils or vote our hearts. I lean towards using my vote towards what I think is best for all of us.

If he did do that, it would no doubt be an interesting campaign. Thanks for your honest reply.

Wouldnt that mean voting for Ron Paul...PERIOD?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

New York Times
November 7, 2012

POLL WORKERS CORRECT VOTER FRAUD

Barack Obama will continue to lead our country along the path of recovery. Yesterday's election was mired with controversy as the initial results showed that Ron Paul actually won the election. The situation was quickly rectified and the fraudulent votes for Dr. Paul were quickly identified and invalidated.

One of the election officials has stated, "It was weird. All these people 'claiming' to be Ron Paul supporters and...get this...actually casting one or more votes for this guy! Can you believe their audacity? Somehow these fraudsters managed to outnumber legitimate voters."

Another worker was quoted as saying, "It's not fair that Ron Paul just waltz in here and steal the election...just because he has a few more insurgents working for him than the other candidates."

The same situation occurred in polls across the country, in all 58 states, and in many cites, including Denver, Dallas, New York, Chicago, and even Honolulu -- the birthplace of Barack Obama. Obviously this was some sort of campaign to disrupt the fair election process this country has enjoyed for decades, if not years. In Mr. Gingrich's speech last night, he congratulated Mr. Obama on his victory and pledged to "work across party lines" to restore the faith of the American subj...er...citizens."

Wow, saw this article in next year's paper! Four more years!

Washington Times
November 7, 2012

ELECTION SPURS RECORD GUN AND AMMUNITION SALES

Gun shop shelves across the United States are empty today after a furious buying spree sparked by what the mainstream media is describing as right-wing fear. (Continued on page 5)

(You forgot the sidebar from that same edition)

edit on 6-12-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Even if Newt, or Mitt, end up being the republican candidate, they'll still lose. Newt has too much baggage and he's in with the banking industry. The democrats will have a field day ripping Gingrich apart with political ads! Mitt doesn't have much republican support and he just won't get the minority vote. The religious sect doesn't like the idea he's a Mormon, so I really don't think he'll have enough support to beat Obama.

Personally "I think all the republican candidates stink except for Paul." Ron Paul is the only candidate who would get a lot of unexpected democratic votes. I also think there are more and more democratic voters who like his foreign policy. If he would be given as much media attention as the the front runners, I think he would win a lot more democratic voters over to his side.

The republican and democrats are one of the same. I no longer trust either party. To think one is better than the other is focusing only on the "party" and not the person or the issues that will really help root out the corruption in our political system. I would rather take a chance on Paul winning, than worrying if Obama is going to be re-elected. I really think Paul is our last American hope on getting the country back on track.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Didn't you get the memo?

No one but Paul.

There is really no simpler way to say it.

So if Paul runs third party guaranteeing a win for Obama, you support that? You want Obama to win?

you can quarentee an election result lol
what are you doing wasting your time here ?
you should be working for THEM

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You take your own personal theory and combine it with a prediction (Empirical evidence = 0) and then state it as a fact and a foregone conclusion. Cute and PC form of baiting.

Look it is real simple, you vote for who you believe in, and this cycle there is finally someone to believe in.

Enough of this Orwellian double-think/double-speak.

You vote for the best man for the job. Simple.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Obama scares me like no other President in my lifetime.

Change "scares" to "anger" and add the Bush family, and we are in agreement on this one thing. But as far as I can tell just this one.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If not Ron Paul, then who? Corrupt CFR, New World Order advocate Newt Gingrich? Banker puppet Mitt Romney? Rick "Bank of America- we'll help you out" Perry? Michelle "brainwashed by religion" Bachmann? Rick Santorum (being himself is demeaning enough)? Barack "lies-a-lot and is corrupt" Obama?

There is no other choice! Unless of course Ventura runs as an independent

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Didn't you get the memo?

No one but Paul.

There is really no simpler way to say it.

LOL -- well said and that echo's my sentiments too.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'd still vote for Ron Paul .. If that might mean 4 more years of Obama . . so what ... I'm done voting for the lesser of 2 evils .. to be honest I kinda think having Obama over Newt for sure possibly Mitt, might be a good thing.. I am by NO means an Obama supporter but at least he is sorta powerless at the moment and probably would continue to be . . Can you imagine the crazy things a "fresh" Newt could/would do if elected? Remember this is the guy that wrote about dismantling the constitution! that scares the hell outa me!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

where's this obama 48% come from, everyone seems to hate him now.... im not saying, i'm just saying, ron paul 2012 is our only hope....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I honestly dont know what you are refferring to... Ron Paul has always made it clear he wont leave the republican party. I would like to see what clips or interviews where RP has even stated this. As for Paul being an Obama supporter? Well I guess everyone has pipe dreams.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Left or right, it dosnt really matter. Dems or repugs. they are two cheeks of the same ass. Who ever gets in will be another puppet. I hope RP gets in at least he is a honest man and hasnt ever changed his tune. How a comunity organiser got in, I will never know. Has to have been some kind of scam in the first place. Other wise he wouldnt have to hide so much of his past away.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You should know that I am not an american citizen and therefore very concerned about what will happen in the next POTUS election. I am also a strong believer in "the dark forces" at work in the american society....and the world.

The US is an important base for the NWO organisation agenda and if the US government is able to use their resources to complete that agenda we all will be f%ck#d. It is clear that obama is part of that organisation and should not never receive an other term.

Not so very long ago you replied in my little poll HERE and your reply made a lot of sense. These are the basics every american should know and be aware of before he steps into the voting booth. I do not know what your opinion is about the secret and hidden ways of the NWO organisation but that is also what every voting american at least should have heared about.

We live in times where there is not much time to make mistakes and is it very, very important to get yourself informed about what is going on. There was a time nobody would believe you if you told them the Earth was a sphere...the authorities could kill you for it. There are indications that the autorities at the time knew that the Earth was round but wanted to supress that knowledge.

Can you imagine a time where the accumulated secrets over the centuries are coveted secrets which gave certain families power over continents and now think its time to take over the world? People are probably dying as we speak because of these secrets.

Anyways...I went a bit off topic. All I want to say is....people need to be educated about their countries (real)history before they make a vote for the POTUS.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Obama is still cleaning up after 8 years of Bush's baked beans!!!! If Ron Paul runs for office I will vote for him. If not than I will vote for Obama again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join