It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd airborne lights over Massachusetts spark UFO talk (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Boston Herald

NEW BEDFORD — Strange glowing lights appeared in the skies over SouthCoast this past weekend, befuddling onlookers from New Bedford to Swansea and sparking talk of UFOs on social media.

Ric Oliveira, a radio talk show host at WSAR in Fall River, said he saw two large unidentified flying objects over Ocean Grove in Swansea around 9:55 p.m. Friday. Oliveira said one object appeared to be a large, curved tube that swiveled and glowed a deep red before it suddenly curled into a ball and slowly elevated from its perch at about 1,000 feet. "It was the most disturbing thing I ever saw," said Oliveira, who estimated that he and a friend were only about 300 feet away.

"My first thought was that this was an aurora borealis. ... But the last thing I expected it to do was change shape before our eyes. I was literally in shock," Oliveira said. "When something 300 feet long changes shape in front of your eyes, that is no lantern," said Oliveira, who posted pictures and video on Facebook and YouTube. Oliveira said he has not been a believer in aliens or UFOs but what he saw has troubled him.

"This kind of shakes you to the core because your whole reality changes. If it's a military vehicle, I'm glad we have it because it will scare the (expletive) out of anybody," Oliveira said.

edit on 6-12-2011 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Interesting sightings recently in the skies of Massachusetts! Keep your eyes on the skies

A week ago I had a daytime sighting of an unknown military craft that I posted here:
I saw Tacit BLue or Similar

Military or otherwise, something is up there

edit on 6-12-2011 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like a Chinese lantern to me, right size, speed color etc. Also the fact the guy said it was the 'second one' he'd seen. They usually get sold in packs of 3 or 4.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dorks

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Another poor quality video of a Lantern .
There will be loads of these in the coming weeks .
edit on 6-12-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
its almost certaintly a chinese lantern
they start out reddish in colour and fade out after a while just like this one
and its the 2nd one he's seen
usually when people set them off its more than one
so im calling chinese lanterns on this one

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Youtube video description says it all...

Jim ran back into the bar and grabbed Witness 3...
edit on 6-12-2011 by AnnunakiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

edit on 6-12-2011 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join