It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is enough..enough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was curious as to how much your willing to put up with before you say, The hell with ..I am leaving.

We have washington spending our great-great grand children into a 3rd world country, the middle east is filled with riots and religous wars, Europe's economy is in the crapper, greece is rioting and italy is/was too.
The powers to be just raise taxes on those that work,and the ones that don't work live better than we do...and they do nothing for it.

I put this in the Survival forum, because this has everything to do with survival and once you make up your mind to do it...and do it, its going to be all about survival.

I am just curious how bad the finger pointing will be with the "elected" role players...they always bash each other really bad before an election...but the problem is..that they ALL are guilty of making this big crap sandwich...now they are forcing US to take all the bites of it and just shut up and eat it.

I have a job and work for all I have..but its getting crazy stupid with there thinking...I swear a 10 year old kid is smarter than many of them...

I just wanna know when will you have enough and just say the hell with it....quit your job, move or stay where your at and just become another mouth to feed and a hand to put money into? I feel as though we are in a slow SHTF with the economy and they are easing us into it...kinda like you do with a frog in a pan and cool water...you place it on a burner and slowly turn on the heat...the frog goes on like nothing is wrong until its to late and you boil him.....Is this what they arre doing to us?
edit on 6-12-2011 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
when buildings are on fire and I hear gun shots on a daily basis... No signs of police or anything good... People getting put on buses for speaking their opinion

thats enough
edit on 6-12-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

That could be to late to leave then...
I hope it never comes to that.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

I think that is the point of the thread, by that time, it is too late....So OWS gets dogged for being either to passive, or just plain annoyingly pointless...okay, but they are still putting a sign up that something is wrong, well, if now isn't the time when is? If their message is wrong, what is the right message? If their method is wrong, what is the right delivery?

edit-It actually boggles my mind, crime shows are without question the most popular on tv (even over reality), yet everyone seems to be anti-cop.....The common consensus on our elected officials is at an all time low, yet we allow these yahoos to continue to degrade our lives and liberties and tolerate yet another bunch on the next ticket. Regardless of the situation, ie OWS message, economic chaos, or civil unrest around the world, it is still business as usual in the american power structure.
edit on 6-12-2011 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When there is bank lines, bank holidays, and riots anounced on the radio like traffic reports, thats the time to leave.

I dont think our elected congress is dumb, i think they know whats going on, thats why we have the crazy bills coming to pass. there getting the county ready to legally detain rioters, looters, and those alike. There not dumb, they all see the writing on the wall

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
When there is bank lines, bank holidays, and riots anounced on the radio like traffic reports, thats the time to leave.

I dont think our elected congress is dumb, i think they know whats going on, thats why we have the crazy bills coming to pass. there getting the county ready to legally detain rioters, looters, and those alike. There not dumb, they all see the writing on the wall

I hope to not be here for banking lines and civil unrest..that seems to be coming in the future...I hope they can turn it around or atleast just make it so that it doesn't get worse...

I just don't understand how they can just spend and spend, yet if we do..we would bounce checks and be arrested and jailed....why can't the government only spend what is in the bank..just like all of us.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
when buildings are on fire and I hear gun shots on a daily basis... No signs of police or anything good... People getting put on buses for speaking their opinion

thats enough
edit on 6-12-2011 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

Most Jews that where saved left the upcoming Nazi Germany before the "Kristallnacht", not after.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It's already enough for me. Number one reason I'm practicing and learning skills now is so that in a year or two I can be ahead of the game and take off into the least populated area of the country. I'm tired of people who don't know I exist making policies that make it illegal for me to provide freely for myself. The way I see it is, no one owns me, no one has say over my life. To make me pay others for something I can do freely for myself is stupidity of the highest degree. To think and allow others to tell you it's illegal to provide for yourself the very things you REQUIRE to live is even more ridiculous. No one is going to force me to pay them for the necessities I require to live, just isn't right.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Ditto all day long my friend, i am slowly making the transition into becoming truly independant and able to live off the land.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I gave up my business to move out of the city. I am close enough that I can still go in if I please but, far enough off the beaten path that I would have to give you directions. I am close to the amount of education that I would feel comfortable with if all hell breaks loose. My wife also changed careers and it better suits our needs if SHTF but, is still a career that is in high demand if nothing ever happens. I don't hope for anything to happen, I am just planning in case something happens. Lots of people don't agree with that philosophy. I tell them to cancel their life insurance, home insurance, car insurance and then they start to understand.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by sirnex

Ditto all day long my friend, i am slowly making the transition into becoming truly independant and able to live off the land.

Good luck

With all that said, I don't plan on renewing my fishing license, I don't plan on even bothering to get a hunting/trapping license, just going to go out and do those things regardless of what some guy in a suit sitting behind a desk thinks. I understand the reasoning behind the laws themselves and I'm all for hunting and foraging in a sustainable way so as to not make anything go extinct. However, at the same time, it's just not right at all to be forced to pay someone else to feed yourself in that fashion.

They can take away my primitive gear, fine me (prolly won't pay), or throw me in jail at their expense and the expense of the public. They can't take away my knowledge and skills learned, and should I end up in jail, once I'm out I'll repeat the entire process again. You have to fight for freedom, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

www.opencongress.org...

All I have to say.

top topics

join