It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If i own land....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Do i own it to the core of the earth or only to a certain depth?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
certain depth i think. when my dad worked over in canada building electricity pylons he was told the indians were paid for the distruption of their land think it was a couple of inches(grass then few inches down) belongs to them but everything under that belongs to the gov/country

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MrBlueSky

what if you got a basement?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's not like the old days, if there is oil under your house it is the property of the state.
In Australia farmers can be forced to allow mining company's onto their land for exploration. Although they will be paid royalties, they cannot say no.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You only own the above portion. In fact, you could place a claim on stuff that is under the land, even if a house is built upon it. And when you make a claim, you can have the house removed.

I'm sorry I don't have a link to substantiate that. But I remember thinking it would be nice to claim what is under the house of rich people. Would they comply or fight the claim?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

In certain states (like TX), you could own what is called "mineral rights" which means you own the surface and every thing below it. An oil or mining company would have to pay you to explore, and royalties for whatever they get from below. Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

You own what "they" say you do and nothing more.
"They" can also take away what you "own" if they want.
Beale AFB used to belong to a family, the Gumment paid the land owners $1 for the property.
"They" have a word for this legal robbery.

top topics

join