It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy theory for a conspiracy forum.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Always question authority. If is a good authority it will stand up against your questions and be stronger for it. If it is a lying authority then your questions will expose it for what it really is.

That pre-supposes that all questions are created equal. They're not. Not every sentence that ends in a question mark is just a question. Let's not forget "do you still beat your wife"?

This is the hallmark of the "truther". Asking "questions" that are really just unfounded accusations wrapped in an interrogative statement. Such as:
"Why didn't the 9/11 Commission mention that cell phone calls from airplanes were impossible in 2001"?
"Why didn't the military shoot down flight 77 with all those missiles on the roof of the Pentagon"?

Holding those to whom you have granted authority, for the common good, accountable is reasonable. However, not all questions are reasonable and not everything is knowable.

You must also be prepared to hear and accept the answers. If you approach the problem of accountability from the standpoint that everything is a lie then you are not questioning authority, you are creating your own reality.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

The tragedy was used as an excuse to invade countries and systematically dismantle our constitution. It took 70 years for Pearl Harbor to be 'outed', but this time it's not gonna' be as easy.

Simple and to the point.
Keep plugging away at the lies.
One candle in all the darkness lights the way.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by dillweed

The tragedy was used as an excuse to invade countries and systematically dismantle our constitution. It took 70 years for Pearl Harbor to be 'outed', but this time it's not gonna' be as easy.

Simple and to the point.
Keep plugging away at the lies.
One candle in all the darkness lights the way.

Do you believe that the only people capable of lying are those in authority? Do you think a lack of authority means a lack of an agenda or alterior motive?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

They are two unbending views that refuse to consider anything outside of that view. That's why you have labels being thrown about. Any time someone from either side of the argument brings up a valid point, the other side will cry out with labels and an outright refusal to consider the point.

And then it degrades to a name calling contest. The hardest thing to do sometimes is admit your wrong, right? To go back and eat crow in front of everybody? I hate it when I have to do that. I am sometimes mistaken and yet will find myself sticking to my point even after I find that out, like my denial of my ignorance is right there in my face, but no, No, NOOO, I don't want to admit it. The pain of that eventually outweighs the pain of admitting it and then I go, awwww shucks... and kick at the ground. I am human for it and feel much better down the road. Plus others respect that.

Bruce Lee put it like: "The hardest thing one will ever have to do is express themselves honestly."

Thanks for adding your view.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Do you believe that the only people capable of lying are those in authority? Do you think a lack of authority means a lack of an agenda or alterior motive?

NO. Lots of people are misguided or misinformed. Some take any attack personal regardless. Some are less informed about details. There is so much static about that day that now it's hard to find the kernels of truth. I think one is like you said; they used it to start wars to make money. right? And get more power cause of greed? History bears that out like with Pearl Harbor. Then there's Gulf of Tonkin, Remember the Maine , Remember the Alamo. In Germany Hitler may have burned his own Reichstag (Capitol building equivalent). Saddam "invaded" Kuwait.

Some people follow along with whomever is yelling the loudest. MSM does that, right? Some are like USA ! USA ! USA ! Eye for an eye revenge thing. The din is deafening to our reason. But the still small voice of truth in all the noise does reach people.

They did it to make war and take our freedoms. That avoids all the how and why flurry and cuts to the real agenda. Over time that is being born out. Since 911 we have invaded, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya. I want to say Bosnia and Somalia too, but am not sure of the dates? And were not done yet are we? Who's next? Syria, Iran? Where is that going to lead? World War on a global scale... again? Talk about agendas.

Breaking thru the barriers to reach others about it is what keeps the flame of truth alive, despite the weight of opposing views and how much they might sting. As long as they don't shut the internet down and begin rounding people up we will still have a voice.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

NO. Lots of people are misguided or misinformed.

Well, there's a big difference between misinformed and lying, huge difference. If you are lying then you are not misinformed. You are purposely not conveying what you know to be true.

Some take any attack personal regardless.

Well, if its an "attack" then it is personal.

Some are less informed about details.

Worse yet, some folks are self-informed about non-existant details.

There is so much static about that day that now it's hard to find the kernels of truth.

One little kernel of truth - there is no static about that day. This matter is settled law. Just a half a handful of conspiracy hobbiest still drone on about "questions".

I think one is like you said; they used it to start wars to make money. right? And get more power cause of greed? History bears that out like with Pearl Harbor. Then there's Gulf of Tonkin, Remember the Maine , Remember the Alamo. In Germany Hitler may have burned his own Reichstag (Capitol building equivalent). Saddam "invaded" Kuwait.

I never said that and never would.

Some people follow along with whomever is yelling the loudest.

Who? People you disagree with and want to belittle their intelligence?

MSM does that, right?

Not really. In fact, a lot of MSM is dedicated to making sure that they are saying something different from everyone else. Basic part of the business model.

Some are like USA ! USA ! USA ! Eye for an eye revenge thing. The din is deafening to our reason. But the still small voice of truth in all the noise does reach people.

And some people are so invested in conspiracy that they can't see that there are real bad people out there that just want to hurt us.

They did it to make war and take our freedoms. That avoids all the how and why flurry and cuts to the real agenda. Over time that is being born out.

Why? Why would any American want to take freedoms from Americans?

Since 911 we have invaded, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya.

Huh? Maybe you should avail yourself of just a little MSM to get your dates and times and actions straight before you go accusing persons. We never invaded Libya or Saudi Arabia.
I want to say Bosnia and Somalia too, but am not sure of the dates? And were not done yet are we? Who's next? Syria, Iran? Where is that going to lead? World War on a global scale... again? Talk about agendas.
Again, sit down and absorb a little MSM so you can catch up.

Breaking thru the barriers to reach others about it is what keeps the flame of truth alive, despite the weight of opposing views and how much they might sting. As long as they don't shut the internet down and begin rounding people up we will still have a voice.

Yep, billions of voices.....but no ears.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

My bad Hooper. I mistook Your reply as something Dillweed said.. Disregard the reply I made to you. I intended that for DW. Your stance is quite different from his. Sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
People who cannot be explained to are using assumptions as arguments. If the assumptions can be brought to light then knowledge can be created or exchanged.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
People who cannot be explained to are using assumptions as arguments. If the assumptions can be brought to light then knowledge can be created or exchanged.

Thank you. Another voice of reason.

Check your guns at the door.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Good SOP. I think I'll need a pleasant porch.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

They did it to make war and take our freedoms. That avoids all the how and why flurry and cuts to the real agenda. Over time that is being born out.
a reply to: hooper

Why? Why would any American want to take freedoms from Americans?

It's not a matter of "why would they?"
It's more a matter of "WHY DO THEY?"

Understanding the relationships between "big business" and "government" (& lobby groups)
is the key..
People (& companies) are making money out of 911..
(no I'm not refering to loosechange etc)
Whether you want to see it or not is up to you
And it is NOT only the USA's freedoms that have been affected..
Most of the western nations are losing their freedoms too.
(I do not live in America)
George Orwell's 1984 is fast becoming a reality.

edit on 6-12-2014 by cheery1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cheery1

Yes your right! Whenever I look at Conspiracies I always ask "Who benefited?". Who made loads of money from a Disaster! The answer is always the give-away as to who actually orchestrated the event.

In the case of 9/11 it's easy to see why there are so many questions against the Official Narrative. There is a lot that doesn't add up. Hence the apprehension as to who and or what orchestrated it and why.

But discussing 9/11 can be problematic. I have looked at a lot of these 9/11 threads and there is a lot of arguments and personal bashing. I personally don't believe the Official Story as it is full of holes and disinfo. But when discussing these holes in the OS I wish the people here would stop the character assassinations and personal insults.

People here are not inherently trolls but it seems the arguments here have turned people into trolls. The subject of 9/11 seems to do that to people. It's not very nice but it does happen.

People believe different things because they are individuals. But individual belief can be turned into group belief by simply repeating certain words and phrases over and over again which is what I "believe" has happened in the case of 9/11. How many times did Bush say the words 'Terror, Terrorism, Terrorists'? Or 2 hours after the first plane hit how many times did he utter the name 'Osama Bin Laden'? Repeating a name that you have said has done the nasty deed without having a shred of proof that person actually had anything to do with it over and over again is called Subliminal Programming!!

The 9/11 discussion threads are full of people that have been programmed by group belief and subliminal suggestion!

Not all are correct in what they say and not all are incorrect but they think they are and this leads to personal bashing and stupid arguments.

A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation.

'Truthers' is a derogatory term created by people who question the questioners!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Cadwell
I like your rationale

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 11/12/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join