It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy-A word coined by those with something to hide...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have recently grown tired of hearing the word "conspiracy" thrown around as if it were replacing the words "at, or about, or under, or the". We can toss that phrase into any new discovery made by scientists, and we can utilize it to debunk an archaeologists 20 years of expertise, data, and well understanding of their field. Has this word implanted itself into our minds as an easy way out of change? Why is it that change is feared when large changes occur in your physical world but also in to the mental world of changing a simple though, or not categorizing it at all until a conclusion is given? Have people given up on thinking, and refuse to look at any evidence of issues that instead they throw the word out there?

Conspiracy: Comes from Latin word 'conspirare' meaning to breathe together; conspiracy theories emphasise the invisible forces and actions (of selfish harmful intent by special interests) behind the visible historical events.
www.seek2know.net...

The Merriam-Webster dictionary (www.merriam-webster.com...) the word conspiracy is:

Definition of CONSPIRACY

1: the act of conspiring together
2 a : an agreement among conspirators
b : a group of conspirators

This article below describes how long the term has been in use for:

There have always been conspiracies among the governments of men. Just think about how men like Nebuchadnezzar II, Cyrus the Persian, or Alexander the Great were able to overthrow so many kingdoms and bring them under their power. These men had to conspire and plan the takeover of other countries. Sometimes people were aware of the conspiracies, sometimes they weren’t. Regardless, God makes it clear that such things should not trouble His servants. Our fear should be to fear God, and then we will not fear what man can do to us. If we fear the Lord, He will be our sanctuary; He will be our strong tower of defense. Then we can say with the saints, I will not fear what man can do to me; if God be for us, who can be against us? (Hebrews 13:6, Romans 8:31)
*NOTE: In the original KJV, this word is translated confederacy. Nevertheless, it is the same Hebrew word (qesher) which is translated conspiracy in 9 other passages of the OT.
www.adullamfilms.com... ( I am not religious)

Is it not true that even at the ages of Alexander did his people know what was going on, and they were considered the "conspiracy theorists"? I am pretty sure they were. This is not a new tactic.

Furthermore the term really found its popularity in the 60's when JKF was assassinated. The government really learned that you could simply have a news anchor call someone else a "conspiracy theorist", and that would create question into whether the subject matter is true or not. This in turn leaves the subject open for an eternity. There can be no closure. Not one person can really find a solution-especially after time goes on and important facts about the subject are lost in conversation, or destroyed.

What are your thoughts? For every reaction will there always be this similar and opposite reaction to try and cover things up?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am not referring to any specific conspiracy like 911, oil all over the oceans, radioactive isotopes running about, the food we eat is full of chemicals, our water is full of chemicals, JFK wasn't assisnated for the things he promised he was going to tell the world about the N.W.O-no no no no. Not me never. I believe it all...

join