It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good God...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah. You probably clicked onto this forum tab only because of the word "God" mentioned as the title.. Now on to my rant. It really gets old seeing posts promoting religion and saying Atheists are wrong, and it also gets annoying seeing the Atheists tell the religious they are wrong. I mean really? Do any of you have the ACTUAL answer? Or is your answer what you assume and believe yourself? I mean good grief.. I see new topics labeled as things like "Woman killed by secret spies" (jk about the title but to that level of seriousness) and I see it would be open for 18 hours and say 30 replies, and if I see ANYTHING to do with religion its 4 hours open and 180 replies...

What does this mean? It means most of you see that religious thing and constantly try to shove whatever you believe and try and provide some evidence that MAN has found.. Do you realize that mayyyyyybe, maybe all of that evidence isn't real? Or at least most of it isn't real? If the government is as powerful as you think they are do you think they would have the truth to such topics floating around on the internet? There is evidence for EVERYTHING.. But understand this people.. When a religious person confronts a atheist about their religion, they sometimes see them as a nut case -.-.. When an atheist confronts a religious person, they sometimes see them as a pretentious a**hole. So it is an uphill battle.. Only YOU can choose what you choose to believe and when you decide to change that belief.. So stop acting like anything will ever be solved or is already. You will find out soon enough because death comes soon enough.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That's the beauty of it though - you don't have to click on said links.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Blasted double post
edit on 2-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Jesus said preach to those that want to listen. More familiarly, cast not your pearls before swine. Christians are only trying to open your eyes. You tells us to leave you alone, we will leave you alone.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

my " problem " with religions - is the prevalance of " we are right .... you are wrong " assertions , backed up by the " do as we say .... or else " threat

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

This post isn't directed to anyone in particular but everyone as a whole, but I understand that you are doing it for your own beliefs. Full blown arguments of beating each other in the head with socker boppers and calling each other stupid doesn't go anywhere -.-

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

I would guess it is because Christmas (complete with wrong date for the birth apparently) is almost upon us and its time to start being nice to people, once a year

ETA I also noticed lots of these threads today
edit on 2/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

I understand Christian threads can get old, but it isn't as common as everyone makes it out to be.
Everyone bashes Christians for posting, but you never see a Christian thread ranting about another Athesist thread.
To be honest threads like this are way more annoying.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Aww! Dang it! You really got me on that one! I did click on your post just because it had God in the title. I hate getting busted!
You are right, death comes soon enough and then we have all the answers. There are some things I am afraid I might never find the answers to though. Like, what are big macs Really made of?? and does Satan Jr. really run Walmart?? and since I have a gray cat that has long skinny legs does that really mean that I have seen a "grey"?? and last but not least....why the heck doesn't my tinfoil hat ever turn out right?! Dang it! Is there a thread on that?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I'm not sure if you didn't read the post or if you are feeling that I directed my thread towards any certain group. If you clearly read the post, it never even mentions the word "Christian". So I am not taking sides of neither the religious nor the atheist. So I don't see how threads "like this complaining about religious posts" are what is the problem. The problem isn't the religious post, its the CONSTANT bickering between each other due to the post. It's the "I'm going to go read this Jesus thread because I'm an atheist and Jesus is dumb! I mean who could believe this?!", or the "I'm going to go to this evolution proven thread and ramble on with my religious beliefs that contradict to what they are saying!! ".... THAT is what the issue is
edit on 3-12-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The funny thing is the thread is never about proving Christianity. Until an atheist comes in dismisses the entire thread and reminds everyone its all a fairy-tale. Blame the atheists.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by Pelvi

Jesus said preach to those that want to listen. More familiarly, cast not your pearls before swine. Christians are only trying to open your eyes. You tells us to leave you alone, we will leave you alone.

Too many times I have witnessed Christians preaching to those that don't want to hear it...over and over again.

Most atheists just want to be left alone and not be bothered with attempts to convert but Christians just can't seem to let it go. They don't seem to be happy unless everyone is learning the word.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
reply to post by Pelvi

Too many times I have witnessed Christians preaching to those that don't want to hear it...over and over again.

Most atheists just want to be left alone and not be bothered with attempts to convert but Christians just can't seem to let it go. They don't seem to be happy unless everyone is learning the word.

Peace

Both sides are equally guilty.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The great thing about this post is I don't have to provide any links for the arguments between the two. It is hosted already right here on this thread, point proven completely. I don't expect anyone to exactly respect my post, but they definitely can't tell me I am wrong.

reply to post by GmoS719

apparently your the only one who gets it right now.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

lol,
Its impossible for atheists and christians to get along

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

It's the eternal question isn't it.

Truth is no one really 'knows' it's a matter of faith.

The OP, i think, is just irritated that so many claim to 'KNOW' for absolute certain, when the reality is that they do not, they merely have very strong 'Faith'

The funny thing is that the two worst culprits of this are Athiests and Christians. they have an equally strong faith, one is the product of the other.

If Christians were no so gung-ho certain that they were 100% correct the Athiest belief might never of come about.

Still it is fun to argue the point sometimes, We'll never know the answer if we stop thinking about it, which is why strong faith is really not helping the matter, no matter who's faith it is.

May interest you to know that the oldest religions are still thinking about it, at their heads, even the dreaded christians

It's the normal, 'civilian' people that all seem to think they have an absolute and at the end of the day you don't get to contribute to what your religious 'Boss's' think (ie the pope as an example)

So argue away, all it changes is your own mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm afraid Jesus being raised from the dead is a very real thing and one of the big deals about "the Word" has to do with any house or kingdom being divided cannot stand -as certain folks are surely aware
edit on 3-12-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join