It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue/Green Flashes in the Sky L.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ok this is in the Los Angeles area. I got a text from my buddy telling me he's seeing these weird blue flashes in the sky. I go outside and sure enough, not even like two minutes later I saw a flash. I stood outside for about 20 minutes and watch them. They came in streaks. They would go for a couple minutes about every 30 or so seconds and then stop. Then nothing until another streak came in. They'd vary in intensity but one of the flashes was really intense and lit up the sky almost a fluorescent green. This was about 20 minutes ago and it's now 2:48 AM. I'm not sure if they're still going.

Anyone else seeing these lights? I'm not sure where they're coming from but if I would have to guess I'd say somewhere near the San Gabriel mountains. When my buddy texted me he was in Long Beach and he just told me to look north. I'm about 15-20 miles north of Long Beach so I'm sure other people could see these things. Does anyone know what they are? Is the wind causing some trouble?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I'm out in the 909. I'm seeing them too, and assumed they were just transformers blowing/wires touching because of the Santa Ana winds we're having.

My brother thought it was lightning, actually. Though.. I'd say the most likely would just be the power lines touching, or something. We've had a fair bit of power outages throughout the night, so it would seem like the most plausible explanations.

That or Project Bluebeam

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What direction are they coming from?

Looks like there are some storms off to the east, I would guess lightning.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

I'm out in the 909. I'm seeing them too, and assumed they were just transformers blowing/wires touching because of the Santa Ana winds we're having.

My brother thought it was lightning, actually. Though.. I'd say the most likely would just be the power lines touching, or something. We've had a fair bit of power outages throughout the night, so it would seem like the most plausible explanations.

That or Project Bluebeam

Haha project bluebeam must be having some difficulties coming online then.
I was thinking transformers too but I didn't know if that many would all be going off. I thought about lightning as well but my point of view from the backyard is kind of obstructed. We haven't had any power outages so I'm happy for that. Thanks for you response.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
What direction are they coming from?

Looks like there are some storms off to the east, I would guess lightning.

North east?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Remove this post please.
edit on 1-12-2011 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2011 by FidelityMusic because: Misread the first post.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

For those unaware, LA is having the strongest Santa Ana winds in decades this week. So lines touching, or lines arcing as debris crosses for a moment is going to happen.

new topics

top topics

join