It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd to OWS: This Is What Democracy Looks Like, Now Sit Down And Shut Up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sady, the irony is lost on OWS crowd. To them, everyone else there were the 1%. The most frustrating part of "speaking for the people" is when "the people" speak for themselves. Marx called it "false consciousness," perhaps the greatest act of sophistry in world history.

A big Up-twinkles to the crowd.

edit on 30-11-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/30/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Of course the 99% have spoken , there is no police to pepper spray people for just expressing their oppinion .

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That's the problem with all the non OWSers. They are happy sitting down and shutting up. Those who stand up and speak out for what they believe is wrong with the state of things are exercising their constitutional rights and are the only ones with the courage it takes to do it.

Democracy looks like remaining silent on your butt while the country slowly goes to ruin?

I remember seeing the OWS thing occur at an Obama speech recently, the counter-crowd could only come up with "Obama! Obama! Obama!" Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Sek82 because: Baah

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
OWS died a week or two ago and they don't have the sense to put the body in a coffin.

Last I looked two weeks ago their support had dropped to 20% and I'd imagine is probably below ten by now.

They did it to themselves. They had the center stage and were so uninformed, so illiterate they could not use it. The handful who actually had a real agenda went home a while ago in disgust I'm sure. All that's left now are stupid anarchists and those who view this as a happening and don't have a clue what it's about.

Sad really. Could have been a good thing in the right hands. Now it's just a joke.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
That's the problem with all the non OWSers. They are happy sitting down and shutting up. Those who stand up and speak out for what they believe is wrong with the state of things are exercising their constitutional rights and are the only ones with the courage it takes to do it.

Im sure what you mean is that the "nonOWSers" are happy to hear people speak where as OWSers are happy to to chant and mindlessly repeat anything yelled even when it does not make sense.Like in the video a majority of the people went to see the man talk and a few are to busy chanting that they are the 99% to see that they are just a few a-holes. We both know if a group like the tea party went in and interrupted an OWS chanting programming session they would go off about how their right to free speech was violated. Did the man trying to talk not have a right to free speech?

Democracy looks like remaining silent on your butt while the country slowly goes to ruin?

Is democracy just about how can shout the loudest while a majority of the people want something else?

top topics

join