It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find a name of a Certain Book.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
When I first started College I was in an Electricity Class. The teacher was very rough, taught a 100 level class like it was a Graduate Class working on their Masters. It helped me a lot but, he used one certian type of book. Said it was the best book for learning. It was like an Idiot's Guide, or Cliff Notes for Books but the name escapes me. He used it too teach us about stuff that only Senior Electricity Classes learned. We learned it, did better in our class ten fold because of that book. Anyone know the different brands for books like this? I looked at a Hastings store but nada.

Mainly, I'm looking for a book to help me get into Physics and understand math a bit better. I'm having a sudden craving of knowledge, I'm 20 and every so many years I just go on a knowledge bin. I'm wanting to learn Calc., Phsyics, and try to even attempt to understand Quantom Physics. Just trying to find the books to understand. College General Ed classes and my major classes, Environmental Health Science, are way to easy and are boring me.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Physics booklist lists some good technical physics books on the following subjects:

* General Physics
* Classical Mechanics
* Classical Electromagnetism
* Quantum Mechanics
* Statistical Mechanics and Entropy
* Condensed Matter
* Special Relativity
* Particle Physics
* General Relativity
* Mathematical Methods
* Nuclear Physics
* Cosmology
* Astronomy
* Plasma Physics
* Numerical Methods/Simulations
* Fluid Dynamics
* Nonlinear Dynamics, Complexity and Chaos
* Optics (Classical and Quantum), Lasers
* Mathematical Physics
* Atomic Physics
* Low Temperature Physics, Superconductivity

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Did you try emailing or visiting your prof? You could also try doing a search on the net with the course name for that class and see if you find any book titles that sound familiar....

College General Ed classes and my major classes, Environmental Health Science, are way to easy and are boring me.

I hear ya man...I felt the same way when I was stuck with them...I didn't really get interested in my courses until my last few semesters....now that I've graduated tho, I miss college so much I'd be happy to take just about any class....lol

[Edited on 9/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The problem is, he was fired. He was fired because on all the other Elec classes at that level, they stopped and helped every single person. His theory was teach yourself to learn it because you're wasting 15 people's time trying to teach you. Which I agree with 100%, tutoring labs and such are made for things like that. But he was fired for that and telling some students they were idiots, they really were and needed to be told but he couldn't be nice about it.

He didn't have the book, he just recommended it, some suck up bought it and we learned out of that book instead. The suck up is now in the Military for some Satelliate Operations or something.

Also, thank you Amantine. I'll start looking at all of them and hopefully hit one.

join