It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Growing Up in Bolivian Jails with Parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So I had come across this article in Al Jezeera who does in fact put out some good stories...The short of it is that if you are a parent in Bolivia and have kids under the age of six there is a law stating that kids cannot be seperated from their parents...so the parent(s) are able to have the children stay with them in jail...when looking at this jail that they are in it looks like like it's part of the street however one cannot get the scale of the prison just from the video of the story..still pretty interesting but man those kids are going to have some issues...Link

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco
[more
I imagine that from the children's point of view they have a right to be with their parent/s. If my mother had been sent to jail while I was still a kid, I would want to go there with her.

When a mother who breaks the law is jailed, it is her fault for offending so only she should go to jail, not her kids. But why should her kids suffer the trauma of being separated from their mother? They have done nothing wrong, but it is as much a punishment for them as much as for the mother, if not more.

Send kids to jail with their mothers - kids are gonna have issues.
Don't send kids to jail with their mothers - kids are gonna have issues.

Kids lose out either way.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

gonna go out on a limb and say they are not going to be picking up any good habits in a prison...not sure what is worse for the kid in the long run

join